This hot & spicy chile con queso is made with white cheddar as well as roasted habanero & serrano peppers for a spicy kick!
Chef Arnaldo Richards is a third-generation chef who started learning his grandmother’s recipes at age 13 while growing up at his family’s restaurants in Monterey, Mexico. Many of those authentic Mexican dishes and sauces are still on the menu at his legendary restaurant, Picos, which opened in 1984 and remains one of Houston’s most beloved Mexican restaurants.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 1 lb. of Chile con Queso
- 24 Tortillas, your choice
- Each Corn Tortilla measures 6"
- Each Flour Tortilla measures 8"
- Habanero Chile Con Queso Blanco – White Cheddar Cheese, Habanero Peppers, Red Bell Peppers, Yellow Bell Peppers, Poblano Peppers, Onions, Cumin, Garlic Powder
Facility handles, eggs, nuts, and dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Queso ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Arrives in cryovac Sous Vide bags that may be kept in the refrigerator, or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for frozen for up to 6 months
- Allow queso to thaw overnight in the refrigerator in their Sous Vide bags
- Boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged
- Place queso, still the sealed bag, in the water
- Boil until heated all the way through
- Remove from the water, open the bags
- Pico’s Restaurant ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.