A Mexican street food lover’s dream! Our traditional pork carnitas with creamy garden fresh guacamole and salsas are just like Abuela makes! Pork slow roasted with onions, garlic, orange, and ale beer lending a super juicy crispy on the outside pork to make the best tacos! Enjoy your full feast also including beans and rice of your choice and some of our delicious handmade tortillas!
Chef Arnaldo Richards is a third-generation chef who started learning his grandmother’s recipes at age 13 while growing up at his family’s restaurants in Monterey, Mexico. Many of those authentic Mexican dishes and sauces are still on the menu at his legendary restaurant, Picos, which opened in 1984 and remains one of Houston’s most beloved Mexican restaurants.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- Pork Carnitas (2 lbs)
- Rice (1 lbs of Your Choice)
- Beans (1 lbs of Your Choice)
- Pico de Gallo (8 oz)
- Green Salsa (12 oz)
- Red Salsa (12 oz)
- Avocado (1.25 lbs)
- 1 Persian Lime
- Arnaldo’s Guacamole Seasoning (2 oz): There are many Hispanic cultures and households that use no lime…or extra lime! No seasoning salt…or extra seasoning salt! The whole point here is to make it your own fiesta with avocados directly from Mexico…and that makes all the difference! Cheers to a good time and great guacamole!
Rice Options Include
- Traditional Mexican Rice – Traditional Mexican rice, filled with savory vegetables, spices, and tomatoes, giving our rice a natural golden color lent from true ingredients
- Green Rice – Mexican green rice, packed with green veggies giving you an explosion of flavor in your mouth! A little bit spicier than our traditional Mexican rice, this is considered a normal medium spice level
- Oaxacan Black Rice – Mexican Oaxacan Black rice, flavored with our stewed black bean broth, giving this long grain rice a deep flavor of southern Mexico!
- Garlic White Rice – Mexican Garlic White Rice, will be your favorite rice ever! It has a nice hint of garlic, and able to be paired with any of your favorite Mexican dishes or used as a traditional white rice side for any meal!
Bean Options Include
- Refried Pinto Beans – Refried Mexican refried pinto beans! – all of the flavor while still remaining 100% vegetarian!
- Refried Black Beans – Refried Mexican refried black beans! – all of the flavor while still remaining 100% vegetarian!
- Charro Beans – Our traditional Mexican Charro Beans, are so unforgettable! With fresh ingredients like bacon and in house made beef broth, we take this experience to new heights!
- Stewed Black Beans – Slow stewed Mexican black beans, all of the flavor while still remaining 100% vegetarian!
Pork Carnitas: Pork Shoulder, Orange, Onion, Salt, Granulated Garlic, American Ale (low ABV beer that is cooked out over 9 hours)
Pico De Gallo: Tomatoes, Serranos, Cilantro, Onions
Green Salsa: Tomatillos, Serrano Peppers, Cilantro, Avocado
Red Salsa: Tomatoes, Onions, Serrano Peppers, Cilantro
Arnaldo’s Guac Seasoning: Kosher Salt, Granulated Garlic, Black Pepper
Facility handles, eggs, nuts, and dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Meal ships with ice packs which may thaw in transit
- Arrives in cryovac Sous Vide bags that may be kept in the refrigerator or freezer
- Keep all products sealed in the cryovac bags prior to use
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 6 months
- If using immediately upon arrival, we ask that the customer boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged.
- It is easiest to test the bag cold or frozen in the water first prior to boiling, to make sure the bag will completely submerge upon dropping into the soon to be boiling water.
- All garden fresh items have a shelf life in the refrigerator of up to 1 week with maximum freshness being in the first 3 days after delivery.
- All garden fresh items can be served straight from bag to serving bowl with no heating requirements.
- All garden fresh items listed below are not to be submerged into the boiling pot of hot water:
- Pico de Gallo
- Red Salsa
- Green Salsa
- Persian Limes
- Arnaldo’s Guacamole Seasoning
- Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator in their Sous Vide bags
- Boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged
- Place, still the sealed bag, in the water
- Boil until heated all the way through
- Remove from the water, open the bags
To Make it Crispy
- After following the reheating instructions above, heat a saute pan large enough for the meat and juice not to splatter.
- Add a tablespoon of avocado oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil to glaze the pan. (Never olive oil! It does not have a high enough heat index to be able to handle the food without burning the oil in the pan if the heat is too high and in turn, burning your food.)
- Add the meat into heated saute pan.
- Cook the meat for about a minute and a half tossing it 3-4 times to create a slight browning and char without overcooking. (A hot pan will make it quick, but you have to watch it!! Some people may have their preferred crispy level of carnitas depending on their own preference, some more, some less).
- Once the meat turns a golden brown, you’re done! Don’t do too much! Be easy on your fajita meat!
- Pico’s Mexican Restaurant ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.