Petee’s Pie Company ships its freshly-baked pies nationwide on Goldbelly! Petee’s Black Bottom Almond Chess Little Pie is a chess pie flavored with amaretto, topped with toasted almonds on top of a delicious layer of chocolate ganache. Chess pie is an old English tradition, common to New England and Virginia (where Petee is from!). The chess pie is different from most buttermilk custard pies due to the addition of cornmeal.
Petra “Petee” Paredez grew up in Leesburg, Virginia, where her parents own the acclaimed Mom’s Apple Pie Company, so you can say that baking is in her blood. Growing up in the bakery, she spent plenty of time experimenting with new recipes using produce grown on the family farm. Petee’s has a simple philosophy: to make the best pie money can buy using real ingredients. All pies are made from scratch, by hand, using seasonal local produce and natural fair-trade sweeteners. The pie crust is made with organic flour and grass-fed butter from New York State. Founded in 2014, Petee’s Pie Company, which makes “damn fine pie for damn fine people” has been featured by The New York Times, USA Today, Food Network, Saveur, and New York Magazine, which named Petee’s the “absolute best pie in New York.”
- Each little pie is approximately 4" wide and an inch tall, and serves 1
- Each package includes FOUR pies that arrive individually boxed in an adorable branded paper box
Filling: Sugar, cornmeal, salt, buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, amaretto, almond emulsion, chocolate and vanilla extracts
Crust: Organic pastry flour, grass-fed butter, organic sugar, sea salt and water
Instructions / Storage
- Pies ship fully cooked and should be enjoyed within 3 days of arrival if kept at room temperature
- Pies can be frozen upon arrival for up to 2 months, tightly wrapped
- To reheat pies after freezing, let pies thaw in refrigerator for 3 hours before baking in a 350ºF oven for 12 minutes
- To serve room temperature pies hot: Remove from box and warm in a oven for 10 minutes
- Petee’s Pie Company currently ships Monday through Thursday.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.