- Peaches arrive ready to enjoy.
- To allow peaches to ripen properly, keep peaches at room temperature upon arrival
- For faster ripening, place peaches in a brown paper bag at room temperature.
- Once peaches reach desired ripeness, store them in the refrigerator. They can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Tips for freezing peaches:
Peaches should be soft & ripe before freezing
- STEP 1 Peel & slice peaches into a bowl of water mixed with a citric acid powder, making sure to cover the entire slices of peach with the water solution. This will keep peaches from turning brown when they are thawed.
- STEP 2 Drain all water from the peaches before freezing.
- STEP 3 Sugar may be added to the peaches at this point, if desired.
- STEP 4 Pack peaches in freezer bags about ¾ full.
- STEP 5 Flatten bags and freeze.
- For maximum flavor, allow peaches to reach room temperature before eating (about 30 minutes).
- Once peaches are sliced, adding a few dashes of lemon juice will prevent excessive browning