Parkway Bakery & Tavern ships its famous hot butter rum cake nationwide on Goldbelly! While known for being the home of “poor boys,” the locals come calling every holiday season for Parkway’s legendary Hot Butter Rum Cakes. Presoaked with their family recipe rum sauce, each cake is the perfect way to finish any meal all year long.
Founded by Jay Nix, Parkway Bakery and Tavern first opened for business in 1911 and remains a New Orleans landmark today. Best known for their legendary poor boy sandwich, invented during the 1929 Streetcar Strike, Parkway’s po’ boys, featuring roast beef with gravy and Swiss cheese on an impossibly soft French bread, “dressed” with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mayo, are a piece of historical and culinary wonder you can’t miss.
- Each cake is approximately 9 inches long by 4-5" tall and serves up to 10 people
- While each cake is pre-soaked, additional hot rum sauce comes included with each package
Instructions / Storage
- Butter Rum Cake’s ship without ice packs and can be stored at room temperature for up to a week
- Rum sauce mixture is best kept refrigerated
- Cake has been presoaked, but extra sauce is included!
- Gently unwrap cake and place on plate
- Heat cake in microwave for 1 minute
- Heat sauce separately in a microwave safe container for about 30 seconds or until fully liquid
- Poke cake with a small fork on top about 10-15 times
- Pour hot rum sauce slowly on top of the cake and let soak for 3-4 minutes
- Slice and serve! Best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Parkway Barkery & Tavern ships Monday – Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via express will incur an additional $20 for 2-day and $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.