Ssam Pork Belly Kit for 4
Parachute’s ssam kit features sliced pork belly from Gunthorp Farms, which is served with pickled garlic, ssamjang sauce, and doenjang jjigae (soybean stew). Provide your own lettuce and wrap it around the pork belly, add a dollop of sauce and a bit of garlic, and enjoy it with the stew!
Parachute is “Top Chef” alum Beverly Kim’s widely acclaimed, Michelin-starred Korean-American Chicago hotspot. There are only 20 tables at this hip, bustling restaurant that opened its doors in 2014, where she’s serving up traditional Korean favorites alongside stuffed & fried bing bread that’s become one of The Windy City’s most cultishly beloved foods.
This package serves 4 people and includes
- Doenjang jjigae (soybean stew) (64 oz.)
- Pork belly (24 oz.)
- Pickled garlic (4 oz.)
- Ssamjang sauce (8 oz.)
- Choose to add more!
Add On Options Include
- 1 loaf Baked Potato Bing Bread- So what’s bing bread, exactly? Essentially, it’s stuffed bread that’s fried, baked, and brushed in bacon fat, with a crispy exterior you can rap your knuckles against, and it pulls apart into fluffiness. At Parachute, it’s filled with gooey melted white cheddar, savory scallions, tender potatoes, and the finest Kentucky bacon, and it’s slathered with whipped sour cream butter.
- Includes Sour Cream Butter (4 oz.) + Bacon Fat (2 oz.)
- Each Bing Bread loaf measures 6″ × 6″
- Kimchi (6 oz.) – Housemade Kimchi, a traditional side dish of salted and fermented vegetables
- Bing Bread Cookbook
- Parachute T-Shirt
Doenjang jjigae: doenjang (soy bean paste), water, pork belly, tofu, radish, onion, korean chilis, scallion, potato, red pepper flakes, garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, black pepper
Ssam sauce: gochujang, doenjang, toasted sesame seed, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, brown rice syrup, brown sugar, scallion, onion, garlic, ginger, vinegar
Elephant garlic pickle: elephant garlic, rice vinegar, sugar, salt
Mu radish pickle: mu radish, salt, red pepper flakes, sesame oil
Bing Bread: flour, potatoes, sesame oil, Broadbent"s bacon, white cheddar, scallions, salt, sugar, soy sauce, sesame seeds, yeast
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival store in the freezer for up to 2-3 weeks
- Kimchi can be refrigerated for up to 1 month
- It is not recommended to freeze Kimchi
- Bing Bread can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 weeks for optimal freshness
- Defrost doenjang jjigae and pork belly overnight
- In a pot (or a ttukbaegi if you have one!) and bring to a light boil
- Preheat the grill or cast iron pan to high heat, place the belly in a single layer and do not move until brown on that side (this happens fast, be ready)
- Flip with tongs and cook to desired doneness.
- Finish with salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Serve with microwaved rice using directions on the package
- Serve with Pickled garlic as sides are garnishes
- Place in a serving bowl & Enjoy!
- Parachute ships Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.