Artisanal Bread - Choose Your Own 6 Pack
Take your pick from a wide variety of Orwasher’s legendary freshly-baked breads, both modern & old-world!
Orwashers Bakery was founded in 1916 by Hungarian immigrant Abraham Orwasher as a small storefront on New York’s Upper East Side. Orwasher lived behind the bakery with his family and made bread deliveries by horse and buggy. The business being passed down from generation to generation of the Orwasher family, and in 2008 it was sold to Keith Cohen. Keith and his team work hard to respect the brand’s rich history while incorporating a distinctly modern point of view. Today, Orwashers remains one of New York’s best old-school bakeries!
This package includes your choice of 6 loaves of bread
- Each loaf serves 6-8 people
- Each Loaf measures approx. 8″ × 4″ × 4″ and weighs 2 lbs.
Bread Options Include:
- Morning Spelt - A hearty bread with a blend of spelt and whole wheat flours, loaded with raisins, quinoa, and sunflower seeds. Perfect for breakfast or served with cheese and meat boards.
- Swiss Health - Dense, slightly sweet wheat bread; very moist and chewy. Great toasted with butter and/or fruit preserves.
- Sourdough- The New York version of the West Coast Classic. The hallmark crust has a beautiful sheen and ferment, while the interior boasts an open structure and a soft slightly sour crumb.
- Pane di Casa – A centuries old traditional bread made using unique fermentation techniques and natural wine yeast. An excellent table bread.
- Chardonnay Miche - Orwashers Chardonnay Miche is their take on the famous Country Style Loaf from France, combining their Signature Sourdough starter with Chardonnay wine lees.
- Cabernet Sesamo - A crusty table bread made with cabernet wine grape yeast with a sesame crust.
- New York Rye Seeded – New York’s Classic deli bread, great for sandwiches and toast, sprinkled with caraway seeds.
- Raisin Pumpernickel - Dark and slightly sweet rye bread studded with raisins.
- New York Rye Plain - New York’s Classic deli bread, great for sandwiches and toast.
Rye Bread - Enriched Unbleached Flour, Water, White Rye Flour, Salt, Natural Yeast.
Seeded Rye Bread - Enriched Unbleached Flour, Water, White Rye Flour, Salt, Natural Yeast, Caraway Seeds.
Morning Spelt Bread - Water, Spelt, Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Raisins, Yeast, Quinoa, Honey, Oats, Salt.
Swiss Health Bread - Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Enriched Unbleached Flour, Honey, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed, Sunflower Seeds, Salt, Yeast.
Raisin Pumpernickel - Flour, Water, Rye Flour, Organic Rye Flakes, Caramel Color, Sugar, Yeast, Raisins.
Soho Sourdough - Enriched Unbleached Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast, Whole Wheat
Pane Di Casa – Imported French Flour, Water, Starter, Salt, Natural Yeast.
Chardonnay Miche - Enriched Unbleached Flour, Water, Dark Rye Starter, Whole Wheat Flour, Natural Yeast.
Cabernet Sesamo - Enriched Unbleached Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast, Sesame Seeds.
Instructions / Storage
- Bread arrives ready to enjoy
- Wrap in wax wrap or cling wrap for optimum freshness, no need to refrigerate
- May be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days, or well wrapped and frozen for up to a month
- Orwashers ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.