Fresh Ōra King Salmon - Portions
This fresh (never frozen) Ōra King salmon’s texture is buttery and soft due to its unique muscular structure, and it cuts well and is light in the mouth. It has a vibrant orange flesh color, which contrasts attractively with the marbled fat lines for unsurpassed plate appeal, and its high oil content keeps the salmon moist, greatly reducing the risk of over-cooking.
King salmon eggs destined to produce Ōra King are nurtured in the crystal clear waters flowing from Te Waikoropupu Springs at a hatchery in Takaka, which has been verified as having some of the clearest waters in the world. They mature in the fast-flowing sea waters of the Marlborough Sound, thus emulating the lifecycle of the wild King salmon. This process has produced over 100 distinct King salmon families, chosen so that only the finest examples – with the most appealing taste, texture, color and size – are carried forward to subsequent generations.
Sustainably raised in the clear waters of New Zealand’s Marlborough Sounds, Ōra King salmon has a vibrant flesh color and high fat content which gives it the rich, buttery and melt-in-the-mouth texture that chefs around the world love. The go-to salmon for chefs at Michelin-starred restaurants, including Daniel Boulud, Stephanie Izard, and Thomas Keller, Ōra King just might be the finest salmon on earth.
This package includes your choice of 4, 8, 12, or 16 Fresh Ōra King Salmon Portions (each 6 oz.)
- Each portion serves 1 person
- Portions are skin on and pin-boned (all bones removed)
- King Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha)
- Choose to add Ōra King Cured Roe “Caviar” (each Jar 100g)
Ōra King Salmon is certified Kosher by Kosher Kiwi Licensing Authority of New Zealand. The facility in which it’s packed is not certified kosher but no dairy or eggs are present in the facility.
Ōra King Salmon is Sushi Grade.
Due to the nature of our product, it may be subject to color, flavor and nutritional variations.
Instructions / Storage
- Fresh Ōra King Salmon Portions ship fresh, packed tightly in plastic, on ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge or in the freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 12 months
- Ōra King Salmon ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.