A traditional Hungarian Jewish bakery, Oneg Bakery was started by two sisters who came to Brooklyn in the mid-1940s as refugees of World War II. Now run by their grandchildren, the bakery has been feeding the local Jewish community for years. More recently, their Double Chocolate Babka exploded onto the food scene as the world’s densest babka.
For those who prefer babka with an even ratio of chocolate:bread, this “light” version is for you. The New York Times calls this “spectacular chocolate babka” for good reason. A traditional Hungarian loaf of braided dough is layered over and over again with a homemade mix of Dutch process cocoa and sugar that forms an insanely delicious chocolate filling. This loaf contains half as much chocolate as the Double Chocolate Babka.
- This Light Chocolate Babka has half the amount of chocolate as the Double Chocolate Babka
- Choose between a half or full loaf
- A Half loaf serves 8-10 people (approximately 8" long and weighs 3 lbs.)
- A Full loaf serves 16-20 people (approximately 16" long and weighs 6 lbs.)
- CRC Kosher, no preservatives added
Instructions / Storage
- Babka is baked fresh and arrives ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, place Babka in the freezer or keep at room temperature
- Babka may be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 6 months in airtight wrapping
- If frozen, allow Babka defrost for approximately 2-3 hours at room temperature
To Enjoy Warm
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Heat Babka for 3 to 5 minutes, or until warm
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Oneg Bakery ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Challahs are shipped on Thursdays only
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.