Northern Waters Smokehaus ships its legendary salami nationwide on Goldbelly! With years of experience and successfully supplying luxurious and high quality sourced foods, Northern Waters Smokehaus is combining a few top sellers for your enjoyment and convenience—a balance of luscious, earthy, and buttery meet for this exclusive sampler. From the Alaskan waters, there’s Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon caught by a local Duluthian, Dave Rogotzke. Also included is a local favorite from the refreshing waters of Lake Superior, Smoked Lake Trout. To round out this selection, the Minnesota smokehouse include a link of meaty and slightly tart, small-batch, dry-cured Salamini. These favorites will elevate gatherings and evenings for entertainment.
Eric Goerdt has been perfecting the arts of preservation, pickling, smoking, and dry-curing since 1998, when he opened Northern Waters Smokehaus. Everything he makes is done in small batches with their workspace tucked into a century-old building on the bank of Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota. Northern Waters Smokehaus focuses on developing their own unique adaptations of ancient recipes while experimenting and sourcing the best ingredients from the Midwest. What does all this mean? Northern Waters Smokehaus’ meats make for some slammin’ sandwiches. Northern Waters Smokehaus has been featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
Each package includes:
- 1/2 pound of Wild Alaskan Smoked Sockeye Salmon
- 1/2 pound of Lake Superior Smoked Lake Trout
- 1 dry-cured Salamini (approximately 1/2 lb.)
NWS wild-caught fish is subject to availability. Depending on the temperature, season, lake conditions and the Alaskan waters, your order might take a little extra time to ship.
Instructions / Storage
- Fish are fully cooked and arrive ready to serve. Consume or freeze within 1 week of receipt
- Salamini arrives ready to serve. This item is shelf stable. It is best stored in a cupboard in the butcher paper it arrives in. To serve, peel and slice as needed. Best enjoyed within 1 month
Note: Some salamis may be coated in a thin layer of white mold. This is a good thing! It’s added during the curing process to protect the salami from unsafe mold growth, to keep the salami from drying out, and to help mellow out the salami’s flavor. You’re welcome to remove the casing, but it’s completely safe to eat.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Northern Waters Smokehaus ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.