Nikki J’s Cakes ships its famous Sweet Potato Thang nationwide on Goldbelly! Sweet Potato Thang is a new and modern twist on the sweet potato pie. This Thang is not much of a looker, but it’s a god among tastebuds with its velvety sweet potato filling and graham cracker crust. Its silky texture with just a hint of pure vanilla keeps you wanting more and more.
Nikki J., confectioner and cake master at Absolutely Edible Cakes, had never made a sweet potato pie when a customer requested one in 2003. Instead of refusing the order, she set about experimenting in the kitchen…and came up with a new and modern twist on the sweet potato pie — a creamy and velvety filling with a hint of real vanilla encased in a perfect graham cracker crust. With her customers pining for more, their “where is that thang?” queries eventually gave her creation a name. And so the legend of the “Sweet Potato Thang” was born, which today reigns as the Rowlett, Texas, bakery’s signature pie as well as a local favorite.
This package serves 12-14 people and includes 1 Sweet Potato Thang
- Each sweet potato thang measures 9″ × 13″
Sweet Potatoes, Sugar, Butter, Eggs, Evaporated Milk (Milk, Dipotassium, Phosphate, Carrageenan, Vitamin D) Vanilla Flavor Crust, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine, Mono Nitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil Shortening (Partially hydrogenated Soybean Oil Propylene Glycol Mono and Diesters of Fats, Monoo and Diglycerides), Contains 2% or less of Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dextrose, Modified Food Starch, Salt, Cellulose Gum, Dextrin, Artificial Butter Flavor, Maltodextrin, Tapioca Dextrin, Artificial Rum Flavor, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Vanillin (Artificial flavor), Nonfat Dry Milk and Vanilla Extract.
Instructions / Storage
- Each Sweet Potato Thang arrives fully cooked.
- Upon arrival, store in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- Items last up to 1 month in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Items can be served at room temperature or slightly heated in oven or microwave if desired.
- If frozen, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sweet Potato Thang ships Tuesday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.