If you enjoy drinking bubble boba tea, this Hong Kong Sweet Soup is for you! New Territories transports you back to traditional Hong Kong dessert parlors with their sweet soups. Sweet soups (aka Tong Sui) are a Cantonese specialty and are served as dessert at the end of a meal. Since then, there have been numerous sweet soup specialty dessert parlors that have popped up throughout Hong Kong.
The black glutinous rice soup has a beautiful purple color. With each bite the rice gives a nice chewy texture, sago is similar to tiny boba, and notes of coconut. It is similar to a bubble tea drink except typically served warm and enjoyed with a bowl and spoon. If you normally enjoy your drinks iced, the sweet soup can be enjoyed cold as well!
Taro Sago is one of the popular sweet soups to be served. Taro is a root vegetable typically found as a flavor of bubble tea. In the Taro Sago sweet soup, you will find chunks of the actual Taro root, which brings a rich nutty vanilla flavor, mixed with the sweetness of coconut and chewiness of sago (which similiar to mini tapioca boba). It is similar to a bubble tea drink except typically served warm and enjoyed with a bowl and spoon. If you normally enjoy your drinks iced, the sweet soup can be enjoyed cold as well!
Founded in a tiny shop on New York City’s Lower East Side by Peter Mei in 2016, New Territories, a nod to the region within Hong Kong, transports you to Hong Kong, where sweet, eggy bubble waffles that are crisp on the outside and cakey on the inside are a popular street snack. New Territories tops their Hong Kong cakes with incredibly delicious small batch ice cream.
This package includes your choice of 2 Qts. of Lunar New Year Hong Kong Sweet Soups
- Black Glutinous Rice
- Taro Sago
- Black Glutinous Rice – Black Glutinous Rice, Coconut milk, Sago, Cane Sugar
- Taro Sago – Taro, Coconut milk, Sago, Cane Sugar
Made in a facility that uses nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Kit arrives ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival remove packaging and place in the fridge or freezer
- Do not touch dry ice with bare hands
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month
- Remove from freezer and thaw for 2-3 hours or until the block of sweet soup can be separated from the quart
- To serve, pour the sweet soup from container and into your pot
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning or sticking on the bottom, and bring it to a soft boil.
- Sweet soup can be enjoyed warm immediately
- If the sweet soup is preferred to be served cold, let it cool off at room temperature. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour and enjoy.
Please note the soup texture will be thicker when served cold.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- New Territories ships Tuesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.