Muffuletta is the quintessential New Orleans sandwich, paying homage to the Italian immigrants who first opened groceries along the riverfront of the French Market in New Orleans. It is a hearty sandwich of cured meats and cheese, slathered with a tangy olive salad dressing and piled onto a sesame-crusted Italian loaf. The muffuletta is heated to intensify the flavors of the ingredients.
Few places capture the essence of New Orleans like the Napoleon House, a 200-year-old landmark that’s as casual and unique as its French Quarter surroundings. The deeply patinated walls, uneven tile floors, and old wooden bar hollowed by countless Pimm’s Cups speak to its many decades of service and hospitality. Owned and operated since 1914 by the Impastato family, and Ralph Brennan since 2015, Napoleon House’s traditions and tastes are revered and preserved by veteran chef Chris Montero, whose Creole roots reach back about as far as Napoleon House itself.
This package serves 8 people and includes everything you need to make 2 Warm Muffulettas
- Each Muffuletta serves 4 people
- When Assembled each Muffulettas weighs approx 2.2 lbs. and measures approx. 10"
- 2 Housemade Muffuletta Rolls (each 10")
- Olive Salad (21.4 oz.)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (3.2 oz.)
- Provolone Cheese (6 oz.)
- Swiss Cheese (7.2 oz.)
- Pastrami (5.6 oz.)
- Genoa Salami (7.2 oz.)
- Chisesi Ham (14 oz.)
Housemade Muffuletta Bread & Olive Salad, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Provolone Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Pastrami, Genoa Salami, Chisesi Ham
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival remove all ingredients from packaging and place in the refrigerator
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week
- Open meat packet and separate the 2 meat ‘set ups’– keep each set of meat stacked as provided and allow to come to room temp.
- Open cheese packet and separate the 2 cheese ‘set ups”. Keep cheese stacked as provided and allow to come to room temp.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Drizzle, or brush, olive oil evenly on cut side of both top and bottom pieces of each loaf of bread and place on sheet pan cut side up
- Place 1 meat ‘set up’ on the bottom half of each sandwich
- Place 1 cheese ‘set up’ on the top half of each sandwich
- Place into the preheated oven for 10 minutes – or until cheese and meat are hot. Time may vary based upon the starting temperature of components
- Once meat and cheese are hot, pull from oven
- Warm olive salad in the microwave stirring intermittently approximately 1 minute total and spoon on top of the meat
- Then place top of the loaf with melted cheese on top of the bottom half.
- Place toothpicks as indicated in the drawing
- Cut evenly into quarters, as indicated
- Napoleon House ships Thursday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.