40 years ago, My Pi was the first shop to offer a heart shaped deep dish pizza. To this day that is the reason that Valentine’s Day is one of our busiest days of the year at the restaurant.
The dough recipe was developed by owner Rich Aronson’s father, a fourth generation baker whose family came to the US from Bialystok, Belarus, in 1905. Made fresh daily and timed so the third “proofing” of the dough is in the oven, it has a wonderfully fresh yeast taste and a crispness that magically remains tender to the bite. My Pie’s sauce is equally special. Made in house from vine-ripened San Marzano tomatoes from California and a special blend of herbs and spices, it’s got a bright tomato taste and a touch of sweetness. They source their top-quality artisan cheeses from Central Wisconsin dairies.
- This package includes 2 Heart Shaped Deep Dish Pizzas
- Each pizza is 12" and serves 3 people
- Choose your favorite toppings!
Instructions / Storage
- Pizzas are fully cooked, frozen and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place it in the freezer. Pizzas can be frozen for up to 90 days
- To serve, remove pizza from its packaging. Place the pizza directly on your oven rack (middle rack is ideal, no need to preheat). Place a foil sheet on a lower rack or on the bottom of your oven in case cheese or sauce drips over. Then turn your oven on to 400°F. Bake your pizza about 35-45 minutes
- Veggie pizzas and multiple-item pizzas will take longer to cook
- Your pizza is done when the sauce is no longer too watery, the internal temperature is 160°F, and the crust is crisp and golden (or to your preference)
- If your sauce is too watery, bake the pizza for longer. If the crust is browning too quickly, move to higher shelf in the oven or carefully put the pizza on cookie sheet. If crust is not browned enough, move to lower oven shelf.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- My Pi Pizza ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.