Chef Chad Rosenthal spent years cooking in barbecue world before competing on “Food Network Star” in 2014 and Food Network’s “Chopped Grill Masters” in 2015. While filming “Chopped” in Northern California he was struck with inspiration to create the perfect fried chicken. He spent years perfecting his recipe, and in 2020 Motel Fried Chicken was born. Coming to a city, state and motel near you.
Rosenthal’s fried chicken is brined in a secret mixture of herbs and seasonings and dredged in buttermilk before being fried to moist and crispy golden brown perfection, and finished with a dusting of herbs. It’s perfect on its own, but when tucked into a potato bun with a schmear of mayo, a few dill pickles, some Memphis slaw, and a sprinkle of hot seasoning, it’s sheer perfection.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 4 Fried Chicken Breast (each 5 oz.)
- 4 Martin’s Potato Buns
- House-Made Dill Pickles (4 oz.)
- 6 packets Signature Japanese Mayo
- Hot Shake (1 oz.)
- 1 Pint of Memphis Mustard Slaw
- Choose to add sauce!
Martin’s Potato Bun: Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Nonfat Milk, Reconstituted Potatoes (From Potato Flour), Yeast, Sugar, Cane Sugar Syrup, Wheat Gluten, Sunflower Oil, Contains 2 Percent Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Salt, Butter, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Monoglycerides And Diglycerides), Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Propionate (A Preservative), Guar Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Datem, Calcium Sulfate, Enzymes, Turmeric Color, Annatto Color, Sesame Seeds.
Fried Chicken Breast: Brine: Salt, Fresh Herbs, Bay Leaves, Garlic, Lemon And Honey. Dredge: Buttermilk(Milk), Pepper, Garlic And Onion Powder, Spices, Paprika, Ap Flour(Wheat), Spices. Chicken Breast.
Dill Pickles: Cucumbers, Cider Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Fresh Herbs, Garlic, Pickling Spices
Japanese Mayo: Soybean Oil, Egg Yolks(Eggs), Water, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Sugar, Mustard Flour, Other Vinegar, Monosodium Glutamate, Calcium Disodium Edta (To Protect Flavor), Natural Flavors.
Memphis Mustard Slaw: Cabbage And Carrots, Cider Vin, Yellow Mustard, Mayo(Soybean Oil, Soy, Corn Syrup, Egg), Sugar, Seasonings.
Alabama White – Mayo (Soybean Oil, Soy, Corn Syrup, Egg), Cider Vinegar, Lemon And Other Citrus, Cayenne, Spices, Prepared Horseradish.
Memphis Mustard – Cider Vin, Yellow Mustard, Mayo (Soybean Oil, Soy, Corn Syrup, Egg), Sugar, Seasonings.
Texas Pete – Vinegar, Aged Peppers (Peppers, Salt, Vinegar), Water, Xanthan Gum And Benzoate Of Soda (To Preserve Freshness And Flavor).
Salted Honey – Honey, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ship with ice packs, thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove fried chicken from the box and place in the fridge if consuming within two days. If not, place in the freezer.
- Remove the buns from the box and place in the fridge if consumed within two days. If not, place in the freezer.
- Japanese Mayo packets can be left on the counter and refrigerate after opening.
- Place pickles, Memphis Mustard Slaw cabbage, carrots, dressing, and Alabama White BBQ should both be placed right in the fridge.
- Hot sauce, salted honey, hot shake seasoning, can be left on the counter.
- Memphis Mustard sauce can be stored in the fridge for 7 days and should be shaken well before serving
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Take Fried Chicken out of the vacuum seal. Cut open pickles.
- Place chicken in the oven on a pan with a cooling rack (if available). Bake at 400 for 10 min then turn on the “broil” function for 1 min only to crisp.
- While baking slather mayo on the top and bottom of the buns.
- Carefully remove the chicken breasts from the oven (after the 11 minutes) with tongs and place on top of the mayo’d bottom bun. If you like it spicy, add some “hot shake” but be careful…. It’s hot!
- Top the chicken breast with dill pickles and close the sandwich.
- Take a #hotchickpic , post it and tag @motelfriedchicken , crush it and enjoy!
- For a good time, make sure to try all 4 “side dips”, Alabama White BBQ, Salted Honey, Hot Sauce and Memphis Mustard
Memphis Mustard Slaw
- Cut open vacuum seal cabbage and carrot mix and pop in a bowl.
- Pour the Memphis Mustard in and give a good toss to coat.
- Keep in the fridge up to 2 days or eat right away for max crispiness!
- Motel fried Chicken ships Tuesday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.