Stuffed Roasted Duck Ssäm Dinner for 4-6
The Roasted Duck Ssäm kit was developed for easy home use by Momofuku Ssäm Bar. It features a dry-aged, pork sausage-stuffed duck breast, Korean chili sauce, ginger-scallion sauce, Napa cabbage kimchi, Hoisin sauce, a fried rice sauce kit, cooked Jasmine rice, and 12 steamed buns.
Complete, easy-to-follow instructions are included for cooking the duck and assembling your meal. In the spirit of “ssäm,” which is Korean for “enclosed” or “wrapped,” Momofuku encourages you to use lettuce cups to make wraps and steamed buns to make sandwiches. On the side, the kit includes a fried rice kit for your leftovers, including pre-cooked Jasmine rice and a seasoning sauce kit. Toss in some kimchi or leftover duck breast, and enjoy it however you please!
Few chefs, and restaurants, have done more to influence restaurant dining in America over the past two decades than David Chang and his Momofuku. But what’s today a certified empire with restaurants around the world began way back in 2004, with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. From then on Momofuku became synonymous with edgy, super-inventive spins on Asian cuisine in casual, minimalist dining rooms.
Duck arrives raw and must be cooked prior to enjoying
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 1 Stuffed Duck (55 oz.)
- 11 oz. Napa Cabbage Kimchi
- 28 oz. Cooked Jasmine Rice
- 7 oz. Fried Rice Seasoning Sauce Mix
- 12 oz. Korean Red Pepper Sauce
- 11 oz. Ginger Scallion Sauce
- 7 oz. Hoisin Sauce
- 12 pcs. Steamed Buns
- Choose to add more!
Add On Options Include:
- 1 Jar of Chili Crunch
- Jars of Chili Crunch are 5.3 oz each.
Recommended fresh ingredients to acquire: eggs for fried rice, fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, that basil), lettuce for wraps
Duck – Duck, Pork Fatback, Cinnamon, Star Anise, Pink Curing Salt (sodium nitrite, sodium nitrate), Black Peppercorn, Fish Sauce, Napa Cabbage, Ginger, Garlic, Scallions, Sherry Vinegar, Gochujang (korean chili paste), Gochugaru (korean chili flakes), Sesame oil, White Miso, Soy Sauce, Mirin Cooking Rice wine, Sake (rice wine), Grapeseed Oil.
Hoisin Sauce – (Sugar, water, fermented soybean paste (water, salt, soybeans, wheat flour), salt, sweet potato powder, caramel color, modified corn starch, sesame paste, dehydrated garlic, spices, salted chili peppers (chili peppers, salt), acetic acid, red 40.),
Steamed Buns – (Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Soy Bean Oil, Milk Powder, Vegetable Shortening (Palm Oil & Soy Bean Oil), Yeast, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyro Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate/Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sodium Bicarbonate.)
Chili Crunch – Grapeseed Oil, Puya Chile, Coconut Sugar, Onion, Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Japones Chiles, Chili de Arbol, Shiitake Mushroom Powder, Salt, Red Bell Pepper Powder, Shallots (Freeze-fried), Yeast Extract, Seaweed. Contains: Sesame
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships fresh with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove contents from packaging and store in the fridge until ready to use
- Stuffed Roast Duck Ssäm is best consumed immediately, but may be kept in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Freezing is not recommended
- Chili Crunch can be stored at room temperature and is shelf stable
Cook the Duck
- Remove duck from the fridge and allow it to sit in a roasting pan for an hour at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (or 375 if using a convection oven)
- When the duck has tempered for an hour, place it on the lower rack of the oven for 8 minutes
- Rotate the duck and cook for another 8 minutes
- Monitor the amount of fat that has collected in the roasting pan. If excessive, carefully tip some off into a heat-proof container and reserve for the Duck Fried Rice.
- Rotate the duck one more time and cook for 10-12 minutes (timing might be less depending on your oven)
- Remove duck from the oven and rest for 20-30 minutes
- Carve the duck breast from the carcass. Keep it whole until you are ready to slice and carve.
- Put the whole duck breast back in the oven for 3-5 minutes when you are ready to put the finishing touches on the meal
- Carve or pick any excess duck meat off the bones and give it a light chop to add to your Duck Fried Rice.
- When the meat is warm, slice and serve over rice
- Place buns onto a plate that has been lightly greased with oil
- Spray some water onto the buns, then plastic wrap the whole plate tightly
- Microwave in 15 second intervals until the buns are soft and consume immediately
- Steams the buns directly in a steamer pot, lined with parchment paper, which will take 2-3 minutes until soft
Have Leftovers? Make Fried Rice!
Simple Fried Rice
- Break up the cold rice so there are no clumps
- Heat a nonstick skillet, cast iron pan, or wok over medium-high until hot
- Add some of the ginger scallion sauce to the pan and cook until fragrant
- Add cold rice and stir to coat in the ginger scallion sauce.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes
- Using a spatula or spoon, make a well in the center of the pan
- Beat one egg per person (not included) and add to the well, stirring until the eggs are just scrambled
- Season with fried rice kit, using one tablespoon at a time until it is to your liking
Duck Fried Rice
- Chop leftover duck meat from the bones of the carcass into small pieces
- After warming some ginger scallion sauce and duck fat in the pan, add chopped meat and toss until coated
- Add rice and proceed with the recipe
Kimchi Fried Rice
- Chop kimchi into small pieces
- After warming some ginger scallion sauce in the pan, add chopped kimchi and toss until coated
- Add rice and proceed with the recipe
- Momofuku ships Monday through Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.