Smoked Pork Ramen Kit - 4 Pack
Pork Ramen has been a staple of Momofuku’s menus since Momofuku Noodle Bar opened in 2004. At the restaurant, making ramen is a days-long process but the team at Noodle Bar has simplified the process for easy home preparation.
It features our proprietary Momofuku Barley Noodles, made in collaboration with Sun Noodle, smoked pork, bamboo, carrot chili oil, and a broth pack. Complete, easy-to-follow instructions are included for assembling the ramen.
Few chefs, and restaurants, have done more to influence restaurant dining in America over the past two decades than David Chang and his Momofuku. But what’s today a certified empire with restaurants around the world began way back in 2004, with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. From then on Momofuku became synonymous with edgy, super-inventive spins on Asian cuisine in casual, minimalist dining rooms.
This package serves 4 people and includes everything you need to make 4 bowls of Smoked Pork Ramen:
- 44 oz. Broth
- 12 Oz. Pork Belly (each piece is 3 oz.)
- 4 Pcs. Bamboo (each 0.75 oz.)
- 3 oz. Carrot Chili Oil
- 4 Packs of Momofuku Barley Ramen Noodles (each 5 oz.)
- Choose to add more!
Add On Options Include:
- 1 Jar of Chili Crunch
- Jars of Chili Crunch are 5.3 oz. each.
Smoked Pork – Pork, Kosher Salt, Pink Curing Salt (Sodium Nitrite, Sodium Nitrate), Sugar, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup, Black Peppercorn, Bay Leaf, Garlic
Bamboo – Bamboo, Kombu, Shiitake Mushrooms, Sugar, Lapsong Tea, Soy, Wheat, Fish, Msg, Rice Wine
Carrot Chili Oil – Carrot, Garlic, Salt, Sugar, Msg, White Pepper, Kochu Karu, Canola Oil, Carrot, Dried Thai Chili
Broth Pack – Chicken, Kombu, Shiitake Mushroom, Ginger, Onion, Water, Chicken Fat, Bacon Fat, Soy Sauce, Bacon, Mirin, Sake, Chicken
Chili Crunch – Grapeseed Oil, Puya Chile, Coconut Sugar, Onion, Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Japones Chiles, Chili De Arbol, Shiitake Mushroom Powder, Salt, Red Bell Pepper Powder, Shallots (Freeze-fried), Yeast Extract, Seaweed. Contains: Sesame
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove contents from packaging and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Ramen components can be kept refrigerated for 2-3 days, but are best consumed immediately upon receipt.
- Freezing is not recommended
- Chili Crunch can be stored at room temperature and is shelf stable
- Soup bowl, spoon, and chopsticks
- Stockpot (cooking noodles)
- Sauce pot (heating broth)
- Non-stick pan (searing pork belly)
Cook Ramen Noodles
- Make sure noodles are no longer frozen.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a stockpot.
- Loosely separate the noodle strands before adding them into the boiling water.
- Stir the noodles to ensure even cooking.
- Cook noodles in the boiling water for 45–60 seconds.
- Taste test the noodles; they should have some firmness to them.
- Strain noodles through strainer or colander, shaking off excessive water.
Heat Up Broth
- Defrost the bag of broth under hot running water.
- Cut one corner of the bag and pour broth into sauce pot and place on medium-high heat.
- Once broth has come to a boil, pour over noodles.
- Refrain from boiling the broth for too long, to prevent over-concentrating the broth.
Sear the Pork Belly
- Ensure pork belly is no longer frozen.
- Heat a non-stick skillet, or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet, on medium-low heat.
- Sear pork belly slices for 45-60 seconds per side, flip, and repeat until lightly browned on both sides. The internal temperature should be 165° F.
Putting it Together
- Slice scallions thinly.
- Place noodles in the soup bowl, with a spoon of the Carrot Chili Oil.
- Top it off with hot broth, seared pork belly, marinated bamboo and sliced scallions.
Bonus: Make Soft-Cooked Egg
- Use chilled eggs only. Boil 4 cups of water.
- Place 2 eggs in a container that has at least 6 cup capacity. Fill with lukewarm water to soak eggs for 2 minutes.
- Drain water entirely and pour 1 quart of boiling water over drained eggs.
- Give the eggs a stir, set timer for 11 minutes. 5. Stir the eggs halfway through.
- Drain off water after time has elapsed, crack and serve.
- Momofuku ships Monday through Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.