Pork Buns - 24 Pack
A mainstay at David Chang’s Momofuku Noodle Bar, these pork buns have been on the menu since the day the restaurant first opened in New York’s East Village in 2004. Since then, the recipe has remained the same: a simple combo of roasted pork belly, hoisin sauce, lightly pickled cucumbers, and scallions on a steamed bun.
The pork belly is brined for 24 hours, then roasted. All you have to do is sear the sliced pork belly in a pan, then assemble your steamed buns!
Few chefs, and restaurants, have done more to influence restaurant dining in America over the past two decades than David Chang and his Momofuku. But what’s today a certified empire with restaurants around the world began way back in 2004, with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. From then on Momofuku became synonymous with edgy, super-inventive spins on Asian cuisine in casual, minimalist dining rooms.
This package serves 8-12 people and includes everything you need to make 24 pork buns:
- 24 Pcs. Cooked Pork Belly (sliced)
- 18 oz. Pickled Cucumber Slices
- 18 oz. Hoisin Sauce
- 24 Steamed Buns
- Choose to add more!
Add On Options Include:
- 1 Jar of Chili Crunch
- 2 Jars of Chili Crunch
- Jars of Chili Crunch are 5.3 oz each.
Recommended fresh ingredients to acquire: Scallions (to slice for garnishing shiitake buns)
Pork – Pork, Kosher Salt, Pink Curing Salt (sodium nitrite, sodium nitrate), Sugar, Brown sugar, Maple Syrup, Black Peppercorn, Bay leaf, Garlic, Cucumber, Rice Wine vinegar.
Hoisin Sauce – (Sugar, water, fermented soybean paste (water, salt, soybeans, wheat flour), salt, sweet potato powder, caramel color, modified corn starch, sesame paste, dehydrated garlic, spices, salted chili peppers (chili peppers, salt), acetic acid, red 40.),
Steamed Buns – (Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Soy Bean Oil, Milk Powder, Vegetable Shortening (Palm Oil & Soy Bean Oil), Yeast, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyro Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate/Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sodium Bicarbonate.)
Chili Crunch – Grapeseed Oil, Puya Chile, Coconut Sugar, Onion, Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Japones Chiles, Chili de Arbol, Shiitake Mushroom Powder, Salt, Red Bell Pepper Powder, Shallots (Freeze-fried), Yeast Extract, Seaweed. Contains: Sesame
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove contents from packaging and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Buns will last 2-3 days in the fridge, but are best consumed as soon as possible.
- Freezing is not recommended
- Chili Crunch can be stored at room temperature and is shelf stable
Steam the Buns
- Place buns onto a plate that has been lightly greased with oil.
- Spray some water onto the buns, then plastic wrap the whole plate tightly.
- Microwave in 15 seconds intervals until the buns are soft and consume immediately.
- Steam the buns directly in a steamer pot, lined with parchment paper, over simmering water.
- This will take 2-3 minutes. Steam until soft and fluffy throughout.
Assemble the Buns
- Buns would need to be steamed prior to starting this process.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet, or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet, on low-medium heat.
- Sear pork belly slices on 1 side, for about 60-90 seconds, and flip it.
- Sear the 2nd side for the same amount of time.
- You’re looking for a light browning of the meat, and to heat it through. Its internal temperature should be at least 165’F.
- Split the steamed buns at the seam, and apply hoisin sauce liberally on both sides of the buns, place a few slices of pickled cucumbers on the bottom side, and place 1 piece of seared pork belly slice over the cucumbers.
- Fold top side over, serve and consume immediately.
- Momofuku ships Monday through Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.