The Ko Foie is one of the most iconic dishes from the tasting menu of Momofuku Ko. Created by David Chang and the team at Momofuku Ko, it is truly one of the world’s greatest foie gras dishes!
This kit provides everything you need to create this classic at home: pine nut brittle, riesling jelly, lychees, and your own cured foie gras torchon. All you need to do is freeze the foie gras and be ready to grate when it is ready. Choose to add a microplane to grate the foie!
Few chefs, and restaurants, have done more to influence restaurant dining in America over the past two decades than David Chang and his Momofuku. But what’s today a certified empire with restaurants around the world began way back in 2004, with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. From then on Momofuku became synonymous with edgy, super-inventive spins on Asian cuisine in casual, minimalist dining rooms.
This package serves 4 people and includes everything you need to make 4 portions of Ko Foie Gras:
- 4 oz. Foie Gras Torchon
- 4 oz. Lychees
- 1 oz. Pine Nut Brittle
- 4 oz. Riesling Jelly
- 1 Pair of Gloves
- Choose to add a microplane!
Ko Foie Gras – Foie Gras, White Pepper, Black Pepper, Riesling Wine, Gelatin, Pinenut, Butter, Glucose, Sugar, Isomalt, Lychee
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Foie gras torchon is chilled. upon arrival, immediately store torchon in the freezer. Can be frozen for up to 6 months.
- Keep lychee and riesling jelly in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Store pine nut brittle at room temperature.
- Best enjoyed within 5 days.
- Set out four small, deep bowls (like cereal bowls).
- Drain liquid from lychees. Break up riesling jelly with a spoon until jelly pieces are similar in size to the lychee slices.
- In each bowl, layer a teaspoon each of pine nut brittle, then lychee, then jelly.
- Remove the frozen foie gras torchon from its plastic wrap, put on a pair of disposable gloves (provided) and hold onto a clean piece of paper towel (as a buffer between your hand and the foie gras to slow down its melting), then hold the torchon securely in your paper-toweled gloved hand.
- With a microplane grater, shave the frozen foie gras over the plated ingredients until a velvety mound forms, and all other ingredients are completely covered.
- Serve immediately with a teaspoon.
- Momofuku ships Monday through Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.