Garlic Chicken Ramen is a fan favorite at Momofuku Noodle Bar. At the restaurant, making ramen is a days-long process but the team at Noodle Bar has simplified the process for easy home preparation.
It features our proprietary Momofuku Barley Noodles, made in collaboration with Sun Noodle, garlic confit chicken, yu choi greens, and a garlic chicken broth pack. Complete, easy-to-follow instructions are included for assembling the ramen.
Few chefs, and restaurants, have done more to influence restaurant dining in America over the past two decades than David Chang and his Momofuku. But what’s today a certified empire with restaurants around the world began way back in 2004, with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. From then on Momofuku became synonymous with edgy, super-inventive spins on Asian cuisine in casual, minimalist dining rooms.
This package serves 4 people and includes everything you need to make 4 bowls of Smoked Pork Ramen:
- 44 oz. Broth
- 4 Pcs. Garlic Chicken Confit (each 4.5 oz.)
- 6 oz. Yu Choy Greens
- 4 Packs of Momofuku Barley Ramen Noodles (each 5 oz.)
- Choose to add more!
Add On Options Include:
- 1 Jar of Chili Crunch
- Jars of Chili Crunch are 5.3 oz. each.
Momofuku Barley Ramen Noodles – (Wheat Flour, Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Water, Barley Flour, Potassium Carbonate, Salt, Dried Egg White Powder, Cornstarch, Sago Starch)
Chicken – Chicken Thighs, Chicken Fat, Salt, Sugar, Water
Broth Pack – Chicken, Kombu, Shiitake Mushroom, Ginger, Onion, Water, Chicken Fat, Bacon Fat, Soy Sauce, Bacon, Mirin, Sake, Chicken
Chili Crunch – Grapeseed Oil, Puya Chile, Coconut Sugar, Onion, Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Japones Chiles, Chili De Arbol, Shiitake Mushroom Powder, Salt, Red Bell Pepper Powder, Shallots (Freeze-fried), Yeast Extract, Seaweed. Contains: Sesame
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove contents from packaging and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Ramen components can be kept refrigerated for 2-3 days, but are best consumed immediately upon receipt.
- Freezing is not recommended
- Chili Crunch can be stored at room temperature and is shelf stable
- Soup bowl, spoon, and chopsticks
- Stockpot (cooking noodles)
- Sauce pot (heating broth)
Cook Ramen Noodles
- Make sure noodles are no longer frozen.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a stockpot.
- Loosely separate the noodle strands before adding them into the boiling water.
- Stir the noodles to ensure even cooking.
- Cook noodles in the boiling water for 45–60 seconds.
- Taste test the noodles; they should have some firmness to them.
- Strain noodles through strainer or colander, shaking off excess water.
- Save this water to blanch the Yu Choy greens.
Blanch Yu Choy Greens
- Boil the water used for cooking the noodles.
- Add in 1 tbsp of salt to 1 quart of water.
- Blanch the stems for 45 seconds, and add in the leaves for another 15 seconds, total of 1 minute.
- Strain out the blanched greens and drain well.
Heat Up Broth
- Defrost the bag of broth and chicken under hot running water.
- Cut one corner of the bag and pour broth and chicken into sauce pot and place on medium-high heat.
- Once broth and chicken have come to a boil for 1 minute, pour over noodles.
- Refrain from boiling for too long, to prevent over concentrating the broth.
Put It Together
- Slice scallions thinly.
- Place noodles in the soup bowl.
- Top it off with the hot broth and chicken, blanched yu choy and sliced scallions.
Bonus: Make Soft-Cooked Egg
- Use chilled eggs only. Boil 4 cups of water.
- Place 2 eggs in a container that has at least 6 cup capacity. Fill with lukewarm water to soak eggs for 2 minutes.
- Drain water entirely and pour 1 quart of boiling water over drained eggs.
- Give the eggs a stir, set timer for 11 minutes.
- Stir the eggs halfway through.
- Drain off water after time has elapsed, crack and serve.
- Momofuku ships Monday through Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.