Make your own mochi bites! This is a super easy and fun mix kit to make your very own fresh little hot mochi bites at home for a quick snack or to give as a gift to someone special! You’ll receive everything you need for this fun DIY project, with your choice of toppings, in adorable packaging!
Mochii is the East Village of New York City’s destination for all things mochi! What’s mochi? It’s a Japanese dessert made with sweet sticky rice-based dough, and at Mochii, founder Mimi Lau makes fresh mochi by hand and rolls it up or fills it with sweet, soft ice cream & sorbet. She’s also assembled a DIY kit that allows you to craft your very own hot mochi balls at home, with a variety of toppings and drizzles!
This package serves 4 people and includes 2 Mochi Kits:
- 2 Packs Dry Mochi Mix (approx 2.8 oz. each)
- 4 Mini Packs of Topping, your choice (approx .5 oz. -1 oz. each)
- 2 Mini Sauce Squeeze Bottle, your choice (approx 2.5 oz.)
- 2 Mini Bamboo Chopsticks
- 2 Mini Recipe Cards
- 2 Microwaveable Serving Containers
- 2 “Thank You Very Mochii” Tissue Papers
- Each Mochi Kit serves 1-2 people and makes approx 6 oz. of Mochi
- Arrives in a gift box
Topping Options Include:
- Peanut (0.5 oz.)
- Kinako (roasted soybean flour) (0.5 oz.)
- Almond (0.5 oz.)
- Coconut (0.5 oz.)
Drizzle Options Include:
- Honey (2.5 oz.)
- Brown Sugar (2.5 oz.)
- Chocolate Sauce (2.5 oz.)
- Caramel (2.5 oz.)
Dry Mix – Rice, Flour, Sugar
Toppings – Kinako, Peanut, Coconut, Almond, Sugar, Confectioner Sugar
Sauces – Honey, Brown Sugar, Chocolate Sauce, Caramel
Instructions / Storage
- Upon arrival, store package on counter until ready to use
- Package does not need to be refrigerated or frozen
You Will Need (Not Included)
- Measuring cup
- Milk or water
- Cutting Board
- Small Knife
- Empty the dry mochi mix ingredient pack inside the provided microwavable container.
- Pour 1/3 cup of milk (or milk alternative / water) into the container.
- Use chopsticks provided to thoroughly mix the lumps away.
- Once smooth, put the container in the microwave on high for 35 seconds. Remove from the microwave, stir, and microwave again for 45 seconds.
- Flip mochi contents onto cutting board. Let mochi cool for a few seconds, and then cut into pieces.
- Place mochi back into container, and pour dry toppings over mochi. Close the container, and shake for a few seconds.
- Re-open container, and pour drizzle over mochi.
- Remove mochi from container, or eat straight out of container, and enjoy!
- Mochii ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.