Expand your baking repertoire with easy-to-follow, tasty vegan recipes from Mini Melanie. Follow a super-easy instruction guide to create vegan mini Double Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies and Funfetti Pound Cakes!
Mini Melanie, a trendsetting Brooklyn bakery, was founded in 2015 by sisters Diana and Melanie Moss (a former pastry chef at Babbo and Blue Hill at Stone Barns). It’s a one stop shop for delicious and innovative desserts that put a fun and modern twist on classic treats. In February 2018, Melanie won first place in an all-dessert, chocolate-themed episode of Food Network’s “Chopped.”
This Baking Kit serves up to 10 people and includes all the essential ingredients to prepare:
- 20 Vegan Mini Double Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies
- 2 Vegan Mini Funfetti Pound Cakes
- Recommended serving size is 1-2 cookies and 1 slice of pound cake per person
Baking Kit Includes:
For the Vegan Mini Double Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies
- Dry Ingredients Pack (7.8 oz)
- Includes All-Purpose Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt
- Sugars Pack (5.3 oz)
- Includes Light Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar
- Coconut Oil (3 oz)
- Vegan Chocolate Chips (2.2 oz)
- Sea Salt (0.2 oz)
- Parchment Paper (enough to use on a standard half-sheet baking tray)
For the Vegan Mini Funfetti Pound Cakes
- 2 Baking Cups
- Dry Ingredients Pack (10.2 oz)
- Includes All-Purpose Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt, Rainbow Sprinkles
- Dry Ingredients Pack for Glaze (0.4 oz)
- Includes Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Sugar
- Coconut Oil (2 oz)
- Rainbow Sprinkles (0.6 oz)
Needed Materials NOT Included:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (3 teaspoons)
- Non-Dairy Milk of Your Choice
- 2/3 Cup for the Cookies
- 1/2 Cup for the Pound Cake
- Kitchen Equipment:
- 2 Spoons
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 2 Rubber Bowls
- 2 Rubber Spatulas
- 1 Measuring Cup
- A handful of tablespoons
- We will be using an oven and a microwave (we tried, but couldn’t fit them in the box!!)
Our kitchen is not certified nut-free. However, there are no nuts in this product
Vegan Mini Double Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies: All-Purpose Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Light Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar, Coconut Oil, Vegan Chocolate Chips, Sea Salt
Vegan Mini Funfetti Pound Cakes: All-Purpose Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt, Rainbow Sprinkles, Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Sugar, Coconut Oil, Rainbow Sprinkles
Instructions / Storage
- Baking Kit ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, store items in refrigerator until ready to prepare
- To store finished Mini Double Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies, place in an air-tight container for up to 2 days or store in the freezer in an air-tight container without much space inside for up to 2 weeks.
- To store finished "Mini Funfetti Pound Cakes*, wrap in plastic wrap for 1 day at room temperature. If you’d prefer to bake one of the cakes at a later time, freeze the batter in the cake cup and defrost before baking.
Vegan Mini Funfetti Pound Cakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using measuring spoons, scoop 2 tablespoons coconut oil from the enclosed jar.
- Microwave in enclosed kraft cup.
- Pour oil into a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup dairy-free milk and whisk well.
- Switching to a spatula, add in the Dry Ingredients Pack and mix well.
- Place the 2 baking cups on your baking tray and evenly divide the batter between the 2 cups. (There will be some leftover batter).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cake is puffed up and golden brown.
- Prick with a fork and it should come out clean when it’s properly baked.
- Let cakes cool at room temp.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Glaze Pack with 2 teaspoons of water.
- Drizzle over the cakes and serve with extra rainbow sprinkles.
Vegan Mini Double Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Microwave remaining coconut oil in the enclosed jar, 2 tablespoons from preparing the Mini Funfetti Pound Cakes.
- Pour the oil into a mixing bowl, add the Sugars Pack, and whisk well.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of dairy-free milk and whisk until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and switch to a rubber spatula, stirring until you have a well-mixed cookie dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes.
- Place the parchment on your baking tray.
- Using a spoon, scoop the cookie dough, trying to get the same amount for each. You should have around 20 cookies (give or take)
- Roll in your hand and place on the tray evenly spread apart.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 5 minutes
- Let them cool on the baking tray.
- Mini Melanie ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.