Fresh and flavorful, this cake is a luscious blend of homemade lemon curd, vanilla cake, and strawberry buttercream. Five layers of cake are layered with sprinkles of salty-sweet oat streusel. This cake is great for the fruity cake lover!
Mini Melanie, a trendsetting Brooklyn bakery, was founded in 2015 by sisters Diana and Melanie Moss (a former pastry chef at Babbo and Blue Hill at Stone Barns). It’s a one stop shop for delicious and innovative desserts that put a fun and modern twist on classic treats. In February 2018, Melanie won first place in an all-dessert, chocolate-themed episode of Food Network’s “Chopped.”
This package serves 8 people and includes a Lemon Berry Layer Cake
- White Chocolate Ganache (2.7 oz.)
- Oats (.65 oz.)
- Truffles (1.5 oz.)
- Each cake weighs 3.5 lbs and measures 6″ × 4″
Butter, Sugar, Flour, Eggs, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Freeze-dried Strawberries, Vanilla Extract, Baking Powder, Salt, White Chocolate, Heavy Cream, Milk
Instructions / Storage
- Cake ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the plastic layer and store cake in the refrigerator until ready to decorate
- Cake will last 3 weeks in freezer or 3 days in the refrigerator
- Once glazed, the cake is best served after sitting at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Open the glaze jar and microwave it with the lid off, for 12 seconds.
- Have a spatula or spoon handy for spreading the glaze after it is warmed. Pour the glaze over the cake and gently push to the sides of the cake, allowing it to decoratively drip down.
- Set the cake in the fridge for 5 minutes before adding truffles and toppings.
- Simply place the garnishes atop the cake as desired.
- Serve after decorating, or set the cake in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Bring the cake to room temperature about an hour before serving for the best taste.
- If there are leftovers, freeze wrap in plastic and enjoy at a later date!
- Mini Melanie ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.