The Black & White is a showstopper layer cake with NYC flair. This cake is great for vanilla and chocolate lovers, alike, with three layers of vanilla cake and two layers of rich brownie cake. Smooth vanilla and chocolate buttercreams, cookie crumbs, and chocolate ganache complete this crowd-pleaser
Mini Melanie, a trendsetting Brooklyn bakery, was founded in 2015 by sisters Diana and Melanie Moss (a former pastry chef at Babbo and Blue Hill at Stone Barns). It’s a one stop shop for delicious and innovative desserts that put a fun and modern twist on classic treats. In February 2018, Melanie won first place in an all-dessert, chocolate-themed episode of Food Network’s “Chopped.”
This package serves 8 people and includes a Gluten Free Black & White Layer Cake
- Dark Chocolate Ganache (2.7 oz.)
- Cookie Crumbs (.5 oz.)
- Truffles (1.5 oz.)
- Each cake weighs 3.5 lbs and measures 6″ × 4″
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Flour, Butter, Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, Cocoa Powder, Semisweet Chocolate, Heavy Cream, Milk, Buttermilk, Baking Powder, Salt.
This cake does not contain gluten. However, our production facility is not certified gluten-free. Most of our desserts contain gluten, but we wash and sanitize equipment before producing gluten-free desserts.
Instructions / Storage
- Cake ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the plastic layer and store cake in the refrigerator until ready to decorate
- Cake will last 3 weeks in freezer or 3 days in the refrigerator
- Once glazed, the cake is best served after sitting at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Open the glaze jar and microwave it with the lid off, for 12 seconds.
- Have a spatula or spoon handy for spreading the glaze after it is warmed. Pour the glaze over the cake and gently push to the sides of the cake, allowing it to decoratively drip down.
- Set the cake in the fridge for 5 minutes before adding truffles and toppings.
- Simply place the garnishes atop the cake as desired.
- Serve after decorating, or set the cake in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Bring the cake to room temperature about an hour before serving for the best taste.
- If there are leftovers, freeze wrap in plastic and enjoy at a later date!
- Mini Melanie ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.