Birthday treats that will put a smile on your face and keep you busy! With this kit, bakers will prepare 12 delicious sugar cookies, following the decorating guide included in the kit.
Brooklyn bakery Mini Melanie was founded in 2015 by sisters Diana Moss and Melanie Moss, a former pastry chef at New York’s Babbo and Blue Hill at Stone Barns. Mini Melanie is a one stop shop for delicious and innovative desserts that put a fun and modern twist on classic treats. In February 2018, Melanie won first place in an all-dessert, chocolate-themed episode of Food Network’s “Chopped.”
This package serves 3 people and includes
- 12 Baked Vanilla Sugar Cookies (each cookie weighs 2 oz and measures 3")
- Cookie shapes include Cupcake, Plaque, Circle, and Square
- 4 Icing Bags
- Colors include White, Red, Pink & Yellow
- Decorating Tools
- Tools include Toothpicks, Cups, Stirrers
- Instruction Manual
- Choose to make your Cookie Kits Gluten Free and Vegan!
Our kitchen is not certified nut-free. However, there are no nuts in this product
- Baked Cookies: Butter, Sugar, Flour, Eggs, Baking Powder, Salt. Contains: Milk, Wheat, Eggs
- Icing: Confectioners Sugar, Egg Whites, Lemon Juice, Water, Food Coloring. Contains: Eggs
Gluten-Free Vegan Kit:
- Baked Cookies: Vegan Butter, Sugar, Gluten-free Flour, Applesauce, Baking Powder, Salt, Coconut Milk, Cornstarch
- Icing: Confectioners Sugar, Corn Syrup, Water, Food Coloring
Instructions / Storage
- The Decorating Kit ships without coolant and arrives ready-to-enjoy
- Let the cookies dry overnight before wrapping in cellophane or plastic wrap.
- The cookies will stay fresh at room temperature, wrapped, for up to two days, after which the cookies will start to dry out.
- To store the icing bags, wrap in plastic wrap once opened and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Let’s decorate! Let’s flood the cookies! It’s just like filling in a coloring book!
For the Flooding Method, we’ll start by outlining the borders on each cookie.
- Open the piping bags with just a small hole, using scissors.
- Outline the X and the O cookies with white icing.
- Outline the hearts with white to light pink to hot pink icing, connecting the colors.
- Outline the lips with red icing, with a line in the middle.
- Set the cookies aside to dry while you mix up icing for flooding the cookies.
For the X and O cookies:
- Cut a larger hole off the white icing bag.
- Fill a kraft cup 3/4 of the way high with white icing.
- Add in about 1 teaspoon water and stir well with a stirrer.
- Spread the icing up to the borders on the cookies and tap lightly to release any bubbles.
- While the icing is still wet, pipe dots of pink and red icing. Blend together using a toothpick.
For the Pink Ombre Heart Cookies:
- In two separate kraft cups, dilute the light pink and hot pink icings, the same way as above.
- Fill in the hearts in an ombre design, with three separated areas.
- Tap the cookies or prick any air bubbles with a toothpick.
For the Lips Cookies:
- Cut a larger hole off the red icing bag, and fill a kraft cup 3/4 of the way high with icing.
- Add in about 1 teaspoon water + stir well with a stirrer.
- Spread the icing up to the borders on the cookies + tap lightly to release any air bubbles.
- Do this on the top half of the lips and on the bottom half.
- Feel free to make the other lip cookies in light pink or hot pink, using the same technique!
- Mini Melanie ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.