THE best Turkey you’ve ever eaten! Seriously. Mike’s Organic birds are humanely raised on a beautiful farm in the Finger Lakes, NY, roaming freely on gorgeous open pastures. The result is the ultimate turkey eating experience. Loads of clean, juicy white meat, tons of flavor, and NO antibiotics, hormones, or preservatives.
While living for three months in the Kalahari Desert after quitting his job in advertising (seriously!), Mike Geller was struck by a realization: the produce that he’d bought at a supermarket in Botswana was head-and-shoulders better than what he’s grown accustomed to eating back in the U.S. Shortly after returning home, Mike’s Organic was born. Mike’s Organic is a Stamford market and home delivery service that partners with small farmers, fishermen, artisans, and producers to source high-quality products that can’t be found anywhere else.
This package serves 20+ people and includes an Uncooked Turkey (approx. 15-17 lbs.)
Instructions / Storage
- Turkeys ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, store turkey in the refrigerator.
- Remove turkey from cryovaccum seal, remove giblets (gizzard, neck, liver), quickly rinse the turkey under cold tap water, then pat it completely dry with a paper towel.
- Transfer it to the roasting pan and place it in the refrigerator uncovered overnight (doing this is important because it will remove the excess moisture from the skin so when you cook it the skin will be nice and crispy).
- In the morning, preheat your oven to 325°F and remove the turkey from the refrigerator.
- Rough chop carrots, onions, and celery (not included) and place in the cavity of the turkey (feel free to add any additional herbs and spices you’d like to here).
- Coat the whole bird with olive oil (not included) and make sure to get every nook and cranny for maximum crispiness.
- Liberally salt the turkey, remembering to hit all sides with it!
- Place the turkey (in the roasting pan) directly on the oven rack and cook for about an hour.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and close it immediately. Any basting or temperature checks should happen on the counter, not in the oven when the door is open.
- When placing the turkey back into the oven, make sure to rotate the pan 180 degrees so it cooks evenly. Let it cook again for about another hour (the ideal temperatures you’re aiming for are 165° for white meat and 175° for dark).
- Once the ideal cooking temperature has been reached, remove the turkey from the oven, place it on a large cooking board and let it sit for at least 40 mins before carving (the turkey will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven. Doing this will allow any of the juices that have leaked out to get pulled back into the turkey while it’s sitting on the board).
- Pro Tip: Since these turkeys are pasture-raised and non-GMO fed with no antibiotics, they will cook more quickly than you might be used to.
- Carve turkey, serve, and enjoy!
- Mike’s Organic ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.