Micklethwait is known for its sausages, which makes sense since Tom Micklethwait’s sausage obsession began when he was 20. When it comes to cooking sausage, Tom says that much like with brisket, low and slow is key. His natural casings are also a necessary factor for achieving that oh-so-desirable “snap” that smoked sausage fanatics are always raving about.
Founded in 2012 by former baker turned pitmaster Tom Micklethwait (the “th” is silent), Micklethwait Craft Meats serves oak-fired barbecue out of a tiny vintage trailer in East Austin. What sets them apart is their commitment to scratch-making every element of their menu – seriously, even the mayo in the potato salad is homemade. The love, care, and hard work that goes into the entire menu are what have earned Micklethwait its place on Texas Monthly’s list of the “Ten Best BBQ Joints in Texas.”
This package serves 9-12 people and includes 5 lbs. of Tex-Czech Oak-Smoked Sausages
Instructions / Storage
- Sausages ship frozen with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place sausage in the refrigerator or freezer
- Sausages may be kept frozen for up to 2 months
- Thaw before heating
- Preheat oven to 250
- Separate sausages onto a sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Micklethwait Craft Meats ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.