Post Oak-Smoked Brisket and Ribs Pack
Meat lovers only with this pack! Get a taste of Micklethwait’s award-winning Post Oak-Smoked BBQ meats: 1 rack of ribs and a whole smoked brisket.
These large pork spare ribs make sweet baby backs look like child’s play. These ribs are deliciously savory thanks to the overnight rub and black pepper. Each bite is perfectly hammy and satisfying.
Surrounded by a crimson smoke ring and a generous layer of crusty bark that clings to a generous border of fat, this brisket is considered to be one of the best in Austin. often lauded as some of the best to be had in Austin’s crowded barbecue scene. Each brisket is smoked for 10-14 hours and is covered in a flavorful rub made of black pepper, celery seed, onion powder, garlic, chili flake, chili powder, mustard powder, coriander, and mace.
Founded in 2012 by former baker turned pitmaster Tom Micklethwait (the “th” is silent), Micklethwait Craft Meats serves oak-fired barbecue out of a tiny vintage trailer in East Austin. What sets them apart is their commitment to scratch-making every element of their menu – seriously, even the mayo in the potato salad is homemade. The love, care, and hard work that goes into the entire menu are what have earned Micklethwait its place on Texas Monthly’s list of the “Ten Best BBQ Joints in Texas.”
This package serves 12-16 people and includes:
- 8-9 lb. Whole Post Oak-Smoked Brisket
- 1 rack of Post Oak-Smoked Ribs
- Brisket arrives unsliced
Contain: Pork, Beef, Dairy, Corn, Wheat
Instructions / Storage
- Brisket & Ribs ship frozen with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place sides and brisket & ribs in the refrigerator or freezer
- Brisket & Ribs may be kept frozen for up to 2 months
- Preheat oven to 275
- Bake 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 250 (convection) or 275 (standard)
- Remove plastic but keep brisket wrapped
- Bake 2.5-3 hours
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Micklethwait Craft Meats ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.