“They’d replace macaroni & cheese on every local menu if everyone could make cheese grits like Micklethwait.” – Daniel Vaughn, Texas Monthly
A Micklethwait’s best-seller, these grits feature not one but three cheeses: cheddar, cream cheese, and gorgonzola. And the de-seeded Jalapeños provide a warm heat that won’t make your eyes water. Get ready to indulge in a dreamy creamy side with a pleasantly toothsome texture that perfectly pairs with any BBQ.
Founded in 2012 by former baker turned pitmaster Tom Micklethwait (the “th” is silent), Micklethwait Craft Meats serves oak-fired barbecue out of a tiny vintage trailer in East Austin. What sets them apart is their commitment to scratch-making every element of their menu – seriously, even the mayo in the potato salad is homemade. The love, care, and hard work that goes into the entire menu are what have earned Micklethwait its place on Texas Monthly’s list of the “Ten Best BBQ Joints in Texas.”
This package serves 20 people and includes 5 lbs. of Jalapeño Cheese Grits
- Arrives in 4 containers (1 qt. each)
corn, dairy, jalapeños
Instructions / Storage
- Grits ship frozen with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place grits in the refrigerator or freezer
- Grits may be kept frozen for up to 2 months
- Thaw grits before baking
- Preheat oven to 325
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Micklethwait Craft Meats ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.