Like everything else served out of the Micklethwait trailer, these Chili Beans are the elevated version of the standard baked beans. Micklethwait’s saves all their bones and turns them into stock. Early each morning they begin by boiling the dried beans with the stock adding any additional trimmings. Because who could complain about meaty beans.
Founded in 2012 by former baker turned pitmaster Tom Micklethwait (the “th” is silent), Micklethwait Craft Meats serves oak-fired barbecue out of a tiny vintage trailer in East Austin. What sets them apart is their commitment to scratch-making every element of their menu – seriously, even the mayo in the potato salad is homemade. The love, care, and hard work that goes into the entire menu are what have earned Micklethwait its place on Texas Monthly’s list of the “Ten Best BBQ Joints in Texas.”
This package serves 20 people and includes 5 lbs. of Chili Beans
- Arrives in 4 containers (1 qt. each)
beans, pork, beef, turkey
Instructions / Storage
- Beans ship frozen with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place Beans in the refrigerator or freezer
- Beans may be kept frozen for up to 2 months
- Thaw beans before baking
- Preheat oven to 325
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Micklethwait Craft Meats ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.