BBQ Meat and Sides Feast
Micklethwait Craft Meats is known for their thoughtful made-from-scratch menu. With this BBQ Meat and Sides Feast you get to try one of their signature BBQ meats and two sides.
Try their succulent brisket, signature sausages, or their savory ribs. And pair it with some sides. they put as much thought and care into their BBQ sides as they do everything else on the menu. Whether it’s their best selling creamy Jalapeńo Cheese Grits or their slow-cooked Chili Beans, you really can’t go wrong here.
Founded in 2012 by former baker turned pitmaster Tom Micklethwait (the “th” is silent), Micklethwait Craft Meats serves oak-fired barbecue out of a tiny vintage trailer in East Austin. What sets them apart is their commitment to scratch-making every element of their menu – seriously, even the mayo in the potato salad is homemade. The love, care, and hard work that goes into the entire menu are what have earned Micklethwait its place on Texas Monthly’s list of the “Ten Best BBQ Joints in Texas.”
This package includes:
- Your choice of BBQ Meat
- Your choice of 2 Sides
- Each side is 5 lbs. and serves 20 people
- Each side arrives in 4 containers (1 qt. each)
BBQ Meat Options Include
- 8-9 lb. Whole Post Oak-Smoked Brisket (serves 9-12 people)
- 1 rack of Post Oak-Smoked Ribs (serves 2-4 people)
- 5 lbs. Tex-Czech Oak-Smoked Sausages (serves 9-12 people)
Side Options Include
- Braised Greens with Rutabaga – Scratch-made braised greens with rutabaga
- Jalapeńo Cheese Grits – A creamy and warming Micklethwait favorite!
- Chili Beans – Scratch-made chili beans
- Bacon Ranch Scalloped Potatoes – Creamy and delicious bacon ranch scalloped potatoes
Contain: Pork, Beef, Dairy, Corn, Wheat
Instructions / Storage
- Sides and Meat ship frozen with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place sides and meat in the refrigerator or freezer
- Sides and Meat may be kept frozen for up to 2 months
- Thaw side before baking
- Preheat oven to 325
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 275
- Bake 45 minutes
- Thaw before heating
- Preheat oven to 250
- Separate sausages onto a sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 250 (convection) or 275 (standard)
- Remove plastic but keep brisket wrapped
- Bake 2.5-3 hours
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Micklethwait Craft Meats ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.