Dragonfruit Variety Box - 4-5 lbs.
This box contains at least 3 different varieties of dragonfruit! The fruit’s texture is similar to a kiwi because of its black, crunchy seeds. The flesh, which is eaten raw, is mildly sweet and low in calories. The seeds, which are eaten together with the flesh, have a nutty taste and are rich in lipids, but they are indigestible unless chewed. Dragonfruit can also be eaten chilled, frozen, juiced, blended, or used to flavor other beverages.
To say that Rane Roatta has a passion for tropical Florida fruits would be an understatement. He started selling fruit at Miami farmers markets nearly a decade ago, picking up fruit from local farms on his bicycle. Nowadays, Roatta and partner Edelle Schlegel work with hundreds of local Miami growers, and they even own their own seven-acre farm to experiment with new varieties. The rare & exotic fruit they source usually ships the day after it’s picked, and it’s oftentimes fruit that simply can’t be found outside of the Tropics.
This package includes 4-5 lbs of Dragonfruit.
- Number of pieces may vary based on the individual crop.
Dragonfruit Varieties May include
- Yellow Dragonfruit – This rare cactus fruit has a unique sweet flavor. The seeds are slightly larger than most dragonfruit, and the inside fruit is extremely sweet and juicy! Quick Tip: Frozen yellow dragonfruit makes a delicious, refreshing, and healthy treat. Let thaw a little and eat with a spoon like ice cream!
- Red Dragonfruit – This mildly sweet fruit known as pitaya, pitahaya, or dragon fruit, grows on a cactus vine, and is native to Mexico.
- White Dragonfruit (Pitaya) – This mildly sweet fruit known as pitaya, pitahaya, or dragon fruit, grows on a cactus vine, and is native to Mexico.
Unfortunately due to Arizona and California agriculture laws, Miami Fruit is unable to ship fruit to these states. Any orders shipping to these states will be canceled and refunded.
Instructions / Storage
- Fruit arrives ready to enjoy!
- Upon arrival, bring your box inside right away, and remove all of the fruit from your box.
- Dragonfruit will arrive ripe and ready to eat.
- We suggest storing this fruit in the refrigerator right away to preserve shelf life.
- Miami Fruit ships Monday and Tuesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Orders cannot be shipped to Arizona and California
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.