Light Japanese Kagoshima Tonkotsu Ramen Meal Kit for 4
Menya Jiro’s signature ramen combines pork tonkotsu and chicken broths, with soy sauce and other seasonings imported directly from Kagoshima. This is ramen as it should be: perfectly balanced, umami-packed, brimming with springy handmade noodles and topped with slices of slow-roasted chashu pork.
Menya Jiro’s founders opened a ramen shop in their native Kagoshima, Japan, in 2007, and it proved to be so successful that they brought it to New York City as a popup. It was so acclaimed it set up shop permanently.
This package serves 4 people and includes everything you need to make 4 bowls of Light Ramen:
Light Ramen Kit Includes:
- Broth (4 oz.)
- Ramen Base (4 oz.)
- Ramen Noodles (2 oz.)
- Braised Pork Belly (16 oz.)
- Bean Sprouts (1 oz.)
- Scallions (1 oz.)
- Chashu Sauce (1 oz.)
- Red Chilli Pepper (1 oz.)
Broth: Pork, Chicken,
Ramen Base: Garlic, Ginger, Salt, Sugar, Glutamic Acid, Soy Sauce, Mirin
Noodle: Flour, carbonated water, Salt
Braised Pork Belly
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs
- May thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove packaging and place immediately in the fridge ( or Freezer)
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days for vegetables and chashu and 1 week for noodle
- May be frozen immediately upon arrival for up to 1 month
- Defrost the soup/Chashu in hot water
- Boil a new set of water in the pot
- After it’s boiled, put the noodle inside for approximately 2 minutes
- Take out the noodles and put it inside the strainer bowl
- Put the beansprout in the same pot that you just used for the noodles.
- Open the defrosted soup bag from the hot water and pour it into your ramen bowl
- Put the ramen base, fried garlic, etc into the soup
- Take out the noodles from the strainer and pour it into the ramen bowl along with the chashu, scallion, etc.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Menya Jiro Ramen ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.