A trio of Jewish deli specialties combine to make this unique and memorable sandwich from Mendy’s Kosher Deli. This special deli sandwich features Mendy’s juicy Kosher pastrami, flanked by their famous chopped liver on the bottom, and fried onions on top. Add any or all of these accompaniments to your liking – cole slaw, deli mustard and Russian dressing – and don’t forget about the pickles!
As seen on Seinfeld, Mendy’s is a GLATT KOSHER Delicatessen – under OU Kosher supervision.
The Jerry Seinfeld Sandwich Kit for 2 to 4 includes:
- 1 lb of pastrami
- 1/2 lb of chopped liver
- 1/2 lb of fried onions
- 8 slices of fresh rye
- 1 pint of cole slaw
- 1 quart of pickles
- 1/2 pint of deli mustard
- 1/2 pint of Russian dressing
Instructions / Storage
- Mendy’s hand slices the meats to order, then freezes them before shipping
- Meats are fully cooked and may thaw partially or fully during transit.
- Upon arrival, place deli meats, chopped liver, fried onions, cole slaw, mustard and Russian dressing in the refrigerator, and keep rye bread at room temperature
- Enjoy within 2 days, or freeze the meats and baguettes for up to one month
- If frozen, allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight
- remove meat from refrigerator two hours before serving
- if you would like to warm the meat, place a thin layer on aluminum foil, close the foil and heat in a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes
- alternatively, you can heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (using a microwave-safe plate or dish)
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Mendy’s ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.