“Soup and sandwich, that is a meal!” – Jerry to Bania at Mendy’s Deli on Seinfeld
A classic “I can’t decide” combo, this package features the best of both world’s from famous Mendy’s Kosher Delicatessen. Enjoy 4 half sandwiches (your choice of meats) and 4 delicious soups of your choice. Crave-worthy meat choices include Kosher Pastrami, Corned Beef, Roast Turkey and Salami. Soul-soothing soups include Split Pea, Chicken Gumbo, and of course Mendy’s famous Matzo Ball Soup.
As seen on Seinfeld, Mendy’s is a GLATT KOSHER Delicatessen – under OU Kosher supervision.
Mendy’s Soup & Half Sandwich for 4 includes:
- 1 lb of sliced Kosher meat (choice of two meats)
- 4 slices of fresh rye
- 4 pints of soup (choose from 3 soups in any comination)
- 1 quart of pickles
- 1/2 pint of deli mustard
- 1/2 pint of Russian dressing
Instructions / Storage
- Mendy’s hand slices the meats to order, then freezes them before shipping
- Meats are fully cooked and may thaw partially or fully during transit.
- Upon arrival, place meats, soups, pickles, mustard and Russian dressing in the refrigerator, and keep rye bread at room temperature
- Enjoy within 4 days, or freeze the meats, soups and rye bread for up to one month
Serving Instructions – Sandwiches
- If frozen, allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight
- remove meat from refrigerator two hours before serving
- if you would like to warm the meat, place a thin layer on aluminum foil, close the foil and heat in a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes
- alternatively, you can heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (using a microwave-safe plate or dish
Heating Instructions – Soups
- If frozen, allow soups to defrost overnight in the refrigerator
- Heat soups over low to medium heat, stirring frequently until hot throughout
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Mendy’s ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.