Relax and let Mendy’s do the work this Shabbat. This delicious dinner package features traditional Kosher specialties for a special Shabbat dinner. Matzoh Ball Soup, fresh challah, braised beef brisket in gravy, schnitzels (breaded Kosher chicken cutlet), potato kugel, and (of course) pickles and cole slaw. Mendy’s even includes grape juice and candles for the complete experience.
Mendy’s Kosher Delicatessen in Midtown Manhattan was made famous when Jerry Seinfeld argued with Kenny Bania over whether soup is a dinner on “Seinfeld.” Today, the Jewish deli founded by Mendy Merel in 1988 is popular in its own right for their Glatt-Kosher corned beef, pastrami, and legendary meal-worthy soups. Their famous over-stuffed sandwich combos are the stuff of legend, enhanced by signature accompaniments like deli mustard, pickles, Russian dressing, and, of course, soup!
As seen on Seinfeld, Mendy’s is a GLATT KOSHER Delicatessen — under OU Kosher supervision.
Each Glatt Kosher Shabbat Dinner serves 3 to 4 people and includes:
- 1 lb. of sliced Kosher braised beef brisket with gravy
- 2 schnitzels (breaded chicken cutlet)
- 1 qt. matzoh ball soup
- 1 potato kugel (6" square)
- 1 pt. of cole slaw
- 1 pt. of pickles
- 4 challah rolls
- 2 candles
- 1 bottle Kedem grape juice (8 oz)
- Choose to add-on 1 lb. of Mendy’s Hummus
Instructions / Storage
- Mendy’s hand slices the meats to order, then freezes them before shipping
- Meats are fully cooked and may thaw partially or fully during transit.
- Upon arrival, place brisket, schnitzel, soup, kugel, cole slaw and pickles in the refrigerator, and keep challahs at room temperature
- Enjoy within 2 days, or freeze the meats, soups and challahs for up to one month
- Do not freeze the cole slaw and pickles
- If frozen, allow brisket and schnitzels to thaw in the refrigerator overnight
- Remove meat from refrigerator two hours before serving
- If you would like to warm the meat, place a thin layer on aluminum foil, close the foil and heat in a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes
- Alternatively, you can heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (using a microwave-safe plate or dish
- Mendy’s ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.