Relax and let Mendy’s do the work this Shabbat. This delicious dinner package features traditional Kosher specialties for a special Shabbat dinner. Matzoh Ball Soup, fresh challah, braised beef brisket in gravy, schnitzels (breaded Kosher chicken cutlet), potato kugel, and (of course) pickles and cole slaw. Mendy’s even includes grape juice and candles for the complete experience.
As seen on Seinfeld, Mendy’s is a GLATT KOSHER Delicatessen – under OU Kosher supervision.
Each Glatt Kosher Shabbat Dinner serves 3 to 4 people and includes:
- 1 lb. of sliced Kosher braised beef brisket with gravy
- 2 schnitzels (breaded chicken cutlet)
- 1 qt. matzoh ball soup
- 1 potato kugel (6" square)
- 1 pt. of cole slaw
- 1 pt. of pickles
- 4 challah rolls
- 2 candles
- 1 bottle Kedem grape juice (8 oz)
Instructions / Storage
- Mendy’s hand slices the meats to order, then freezes them before shipping
- Meats are fully cooked and may thaw partially or fully during transit.
- Upon arrival, place brisket, schnitzel, soup, kugel, cole slaw and pickles in the refrigerator, and keep challahs at room temperature
- Enjoy within 2 days, or freeze the meats, soups and challahs for up to one month
- Do not freeze the cole slaw and pickles
- If frozen, allow brisket and schnitzels to thaw in the refrigerator overnight
- Remove meat from refrigerator two hours before serving
- If you would like to warm the meat, place a thin layer on aluminum foil, close the foil and heat in a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes
- Alternatively, you can heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (using a microwave-safe plate or dish
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Mendy’s ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.