Melissa’s Tropical Avocado is a large green-skinned, water-based variety that is available year-round out of the Dominican Republic. The pale green flesh of the fruit features that classic creamy avocado flavor you know and love but has a slightly firmer texture when compared to Hass.
From its founding by Sharon and Joe Hernandez in 1984 in a small rented room, to its current standing as the U.S.’s largest distributor of specialty produce with a 280,000 square foot warehouse in Los Angeles, Melissa’s Produce has remained family-run. If you’ve been wondering how world-class restaurants and TV shows like “Top Chef” have been able to track down the world’s best produce…well, the secret’s out. Fresh vegetable and fruit delivery includes flawless baby vegetables; exotic fruits including lychees and Pepino melons (and some you may not have even heard of, like sapotes and tamarillos); and more — you’ve truly never had produce like this.
This package includes 6 Tropical Avocados (approximately 4 lbs total)
Instructions / Storage
- Fruits arrive ready to enjoy or prepare!
- Upon arrival, fruits may be stored on the countertop for 3-5 days
- Keep refrigerated in a paper or plastic bag for about one week
- Slices may also be frozen.
- Melissa’s Produce ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.