Melissa’s Produce ships its legendary produce nationwide on Goldbelly! A medium-large hybrid variety of papaya, these Tai Nung Papayas have a brilliant salmon-colored flesh and spotted yellow-green skin. The fruit is as tasty as it looks with a very high sugar content and melon-like flavor.
From its founding by Sharon and Joe Hernandez in 1984 in a small rented room, to its current standing as the U.S.’s largest distributor of specialty produce with a 280,000 square foot warehouse in Los Angeles, Melissa’s Produce has remained family-run. If you’ve been wondering how world-class restaurants and TV shows like “Top Chef” have been able to track down the world’s best produce…well, the secret’s out. Fresh vegetable and fruit delivery includes flawless baby vegetables; exotic fruits including lychees and Pepino melons (and some you may not have even heard of, like sapotes and tamarillos); and more — you’ve truly never had produce like this.
This package includes 2 Tai Nung Papayas (approximately 5 lbs total)
Instructions / Storage
- Fruits arrive ready to enjoy or prepare!
- Upon arrival, fruits may be stored on the countertop for 3-5 days
- Keep refrigerated in a paper or plastic bag for about one week
- Slices may also be frozen.
- Melissa’s Produce ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.