Melissa’s Produce ships its legendary produce nationwide on Goldbelly! Nothing says summer like fresh stone fruit! From late May through September our harvest is in full swing with a variety of plums that you can only find in California’s Central Valley, where the unique mix of weather and soil produces the most amazing fruit.
We’ve searched near and far for the best eating summer plums in order to make Melissa’s Summer Plum Sampler. With varieties coming in and out of season, you can expect to get a range of Honey Jade Plums to the sweet-cherry flavor of Magenta Plums.
Founded by Sharon and Joe Hernandez in 1984, Melissa’s Produce distributes the freshest produce to world-class restaurants, TV shows like “Top Chef,” and you. From its founding in a small rented room to its current standing as the U.S.’s largest distributor of specialty produce with a 280,000 square foot warehouse in Los Angeles, Melissa’s Produce has remained family-run since the beginning. Fresh vegetable and fruit delivery includes flawless baby vegetables; exotic fruits including lychees and Pepino melons (and some you may not have even heard of, like sapotes and tamarillos); and more — you’ve truly never had produce like this.
This package includes 3 lbs. of Assorted Plums
- Plums are packaged in a plastic clamshell container
Plum Varieties Include
- Magenta Plum (1.5 lbs.) – This new hybrid variety has a dark burgundy skin that protects a rich, deep red interior fruit. Its flavor is extremely sweet with a sugar content of 17-19 brix! Unlike most plum varieties, the Magenta plum has no astringent aftertaste and, in fact, has a flavor reminiscent of fresh sweet cherries.
- Honey Jade Plum (1.5 lbs.) – The honey-sweet yet nuanced flavor is what really makes this a prized gem during the hot summer months! Sweet and refreshing, they’re the epitome of the season’s luscious abundance. Enjoy out-of-hand for a superb snack, or slice and use as a wonderful addition to leafy green salads with candied nuts and tangy goat cheese.
Instructions / Storage
- Fruits arrive ready to enjoy or prepare!
- Upon arrival, fruits may be stored on the countertop for 3-5 days
- Melissa’s Produce ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.