People travel from all over the world in search of the perfect mango. First-generation Indian-Americans take annual trips to the motherland just for this fruit. Tourists travel to Maharashtra and Ratnagiri districts to participate in harvests at local farms, or they’ll visit Crawford Market in Mumbai and shop like locals. India understands the power of this fruit, and we know you do too. But before you book a flight to Sindhudurg, the quest ends here.
Melissa’s has found your “perfect” mango. The best part? Through global sourcing, Melissa’s Sapūrana Mangoes are available at any time of year. The creamy, velvety flesh of the fruit highlights a honey-sweet flavor with hints of lemon. Turn your preconditioned mango into pickles and chutneys or add to curries and desserts to relish in the tradition and power of this soul-replenishing fruit, just like they do in India. Sapūrana can be eaten fresh out-of-hand, blended into smoothies, chopped and mixed into tropical salsa recipes, and so much more.
This package includes 4 Sapurana Mangoes (approximately 3.5 lbs total)
Instructions / Storage
- Fruits arrive ready to enjoy or prepare!
- Upon arrival, fruits may be stored on the countertop for 3-5 days
- Keep refrigerated in a paper or plastic bag for about one week
- Slices may also be frozen.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Melissa’s Produce ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.