Fresh from the tropics, a rare selection of the finest “hands” of bananas make up this assortment, which may include the following varieties: Baby Bananas, which are snack-sized and have a sweet flavor, with a hint of cinnamon aftertaste. – The creamy, sweet, chunky shaped Burro Bananas have a slight taste of lemon. – The Red Bananas are creamy white to pink fleshed and flavored with a hint of raspberry blended with notes of vanilla. – Manzano Bananas, with their stubby looking fingers, have a sweet taste with flavors of gourmet apples and tones of strawberries. – Plantains, known as “cooking bananas” have the best texture and flavor for sauteeing and are popular when served battered and deep fried.
Founded by Sharon and Joe Hernandez in 1984, Melissa’s Produce distributes the freshest produce to world-class restaurants, TV shows like “Top Chef,” and you. From its founding in a small rented room to its current standing as the U.S.’s largest distributor of specialty produce with a 280,000 square foot warehouse in Los Angeles, Melissa’s Produce has remained family-run since the beginning. Fresh vegetable and fruit delivery includes flawless baby vegetables; exotic fruits including lychees and Pepino melons (and some you may not have even heard of, like sapotes and tamarillos); and more — you’ve truly never had produce like this.
This package includes 8 lbs. of Assorted Bananas
Banana Varieties May Include
- Baby Bananas – Snack-sized and have a sweet flavor, with a hint of cinnamon aftertaste
- Burro Bananas – Creamy, sweet, chunky shaped with a slight taste of lemon
- Red Bananas – Creamy white to pink fleshed and flavored with a hint of raspberry blended with notes of vanilla
- Manzano Bananas – A sweet taste with flavors of gourmet apples and tones of strawberries
- Plantains – known as “cooking bananas” have the best texture and flavor for sauteeing and are popular when served battered and deep-fried
Instructions / Storage
- Fruits arrive ready to enjoy or prepare!
- Upon arrival, fruits may be stored on the countertop for 3-5 days
- Melissa’s Produce ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.