A local delicacy coveted by chefs and home cooks alike, Maine dayboat scallops are plump, rich, and incredibly sweet. Only available in the winter, McLoon’s gets them straight from the wharf’s local lobstermen. “Dayboat” means that the boats return on the same day the scallops are harvested, so they’re super fresh! Enjoy raw, in a crudo, seared, bacon-wrapped, or breaded and broiled!
McLoons is a family-owned lobster shack located on a working lobster wharf in South Thomaston on Maine’s off-the-beaten-path Spruce Head Island. McLoon’s was named the best lobster roll in all of Maine! This sweet, fresh, and meaty lobster is plucked fresh from local waters, and it’s served in a signature half-and-half lobster roll (half butter, half mayo). It’s as authentic Maine as it gets!
This package serves 4-6 people and includes 2 lbs. of Maine Dayboat Scallops
- Scallops arrive in 2 containers (each 1 lb.)
Instructions / Storage
- Scallops ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, store scallops in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Scallops last up to 2 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Scallops can be enjoyed raw or seared
- Thaw scallops in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove small tough muscle on side of each scallop.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and season with salt.
- Heat 1 TBS of canola oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Add scallops to a pan (do not overcrowd) and cook for 1 minute.
- Flip scallops and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Turn down heat, add butter, and baste scallops.
- Serve with fresh-squeezed lemon and enjoy!
- McLoons Lobster Shack ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.