When Yankee Magazine sent their editor up the Maine coast in early 2017 to sample dozens of lobster rolls and crown one champion, she chose McLoons Lobster Shack for their fresh lobsters and perfect rolls. Known as “quarters” by those in the biz, this 1.25 lb. lobster is the most common size available. This one should fill you up and allow room for sides and dessert! Perfect for serving at large dinner parties or lobster bakes!
- Choose between a New Shell or Hard Shell Lobster (New Shell is seasonal)
- Choose between Live or Cooked
- Add local Casco Bay Artisan Sea Salt Butter
- Each lobster serves 1 person
- Includes bibs, picks, wet napkins, and lobster cooking and cracking instructions!
- The Difference between New Shell and Hard Shell:
Hard shells are lobsters that have reached their growing capacity. They are typically packed to the brim with meat that is firm and dense in texture.
New shells have a softer shell and hold extra water weight. The meat is typically more tender and sweeter in flavor, but you may want to try to order a slightly larger soft shell lobster!
Instructions / Storage
- Lobsters are caught on the day and packed in custom McLoons boxes with gel ice that will keep your seafood cold and fresh
- Cooked lobsters are meant to be prepared and served the day received, however they can stay in the refrigerator overnight
- Shelf life of lobster meat is up to a week if stored properly, kept in the fridge in a container of ice.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- McLoons Lobster Shack ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.