McLoons Lobster Shack ships nationwide with Goldbelly—order their legendary Maine lobster dinners, buttery lobster rolls, chowders & more right to your door. When Yankee Magazine sent their editor up the Maine coast in early 2017 to sample dozens of lobster rolls and crown one champion, she chose McLoons Lobster Shack for their fresh lobsters and perfect rolls. Known as “quarters” by those in the biz, this 1.25 lb. lobster is the most common size available. This one should fill you up and allow room for sides and dessert! Perfect for serving at large dinner parties or lobster bakes!
McLoons is a family-owned lobster shack located in the town of South Thomaston, on Maine’s remote Spruce Head Island. But it’s worth the trek: McLoons was named Maine’s best lobster roll in Maine! This sweet, fresh, and meaty lobster is plucked fresh from local waters (it’s located on a working lobster wharf), and it’s served in a signature half-and-half lobster roll (half butter, half mayo). This is as authentic Maine as it gets!
- Choose between a New Shell or Hard Shell Lobster (New Shell is seasonal)
- Choose between Live or Cooked
- Add local Casco Bay Artisan Sea Salt Butter
- Each lobster serves 1 person
- Includes bibs, picks, wet napkins, and lobster cooking and cracking instructions!
- The Difference between New Shell and Hard Shell:
Hard shells are lobsters that have reached their growing capacity. They are typically packed to the brim with meat that is firm and dense in texture.
New shells have a softer shell and hold extra water weight. The meat is typically more tender and sweeter in flavor, but you may want to try to order a slightly larger soft shell lobster!
Instructions / Storage
- Lobsters are caught on the day and packed in custom McLoons boxes with gel ice that will keep your seafood cold and fresh
- Cooked lobsters are meant to be prepared and served the day received, however they can stay in the refrigerator overnight
- Shelf life of lobster meat is up to a week if stored properly, kept in the fridge in a container of ice.
- McLoons Lobster Shack ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- For guaranteed delivery to Hawaii, order cooked lobsters. Live lobster orders may be denied entry into Hawaii.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.