For Marcus’ Shrimp & Grits, he starts with tender rock shrimp – sweet little nuggets from the sea – and gently cooks them in a spiced tomato sauce spiked with okra, seasonal vegetables, and chorizo. Served over a mound of creamy grits, this Lowcountry-inspired feast is sure to warm the heart of any diner.
Chef Marcus Samuelsson is one of America’s most renowned and talented chefs. He was the youngest chef to earn three stars from the New York Times, helped spark a Harlem culinary renaissance with Red Rooster, and won six James Beard Awards. Samuelsson was the winner of “Top Chef Masters” and “Chopped All Stars,” and is the host of “No Passport Required” on PBS. Opened in 2015, Streetbird is his celebration of art, hip hop, and, of course, the bird. Streetbird was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: Take Out Edition.”
This package serves 2 people and includes
- Rock Shrimp (10 oz)
- Grits (1 Qt.)
- Chorizo (2 oz.)
- Vegetables (1 Pt.)
- Scallions (2 oz.)
- Tomato Sauce (1 Pt.)
Cream, Butter, Grits, Cheddar, Vegetable Oil, Celery, Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Chorizo, Tomato, Okra, Mixed Vegetables, Paprika, Shrimp, Cayenne, Fish Stock, Vinegar
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and place immediately in the fridge or freeze
- May be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days or freezer for up to 1 month
- Transfer grits to a microwave-safe container and heat for two minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, stir thoroughly, and heat for another minute.
- Place in a small saucepan and warm slowly over low heat. Stir often and be careful
with this method, as the grits can scorch easily.
- Transfer the tomato sauce to a large skillet and warm over medium heat.
- Once simmering, add in the vegetables, chorizo and shrimp and cook for 4 minutes, or until everything is warmed through.
- Dived the warmed grits among shallow serving bowls. Spoon over the shrimp, vegetables and tomato sauce.
- Garnish with scallions and serve immediately.
- Marcus Samuelsson’s Streetbird ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.