On September 9th Committee of 100 Presents: Breaking Bread with Chef Ming Tsai and Chef Marcus Samuelsson
This recipe took years to develop and was the star of Streetbird’s menu, and is now exclusive to Goldbelly! It starts with chicken that’s marinated in buttermilk and hot sauce before being dredged in a mixture that includes cornmeal, garlic, onion and paprika and fried until golden brown and delicious. It’s served with a crisp cornbread waffle, hot honey, housemade pickles and seasonal succotash.
Marcus Samuelsson is one of America’s most renowned and talented chefs. He was the youngest chef to earn three stars from the New York Times, helped spark a Harlem culinary renaissance with Red Rooster, has written multiple best-selling books and won “Top Chef Masters” as well as six James Beard Awards. Streetbird is his celebration of art, hip hop, and, of course, the bird.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 4 pcs. Fried Chicken (dark meat)
- 2 Cornbread Waffles
- 1 pt. Seasonal Succotash
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Hot Honey
- Succotash – Collard Greens, Tomato, Onion, Brown Sugar, Old Bay, Turmeric, Cider Vinegar, Butter, Green Peas, Corn
- Fried Chicken – Chicken Thighs, Buttermilk, Hot Sauce, Flour, Cornmeal, Cornstarch, Garlic, Onion, Paprika, Vegetable Oil
- Cornbread Waffle – Egg, Buttermilk, Salt, Sugar, Vanilla, Waffle Mix, Cornmeal, Milk, Butter
- Pickles – Cider Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Mustard, Celery, Bay Leaf, Turmeric, Garlic, Dill, Chili, Cucumber, Onion, Jalapeno
- Hot Honey – Honey, Soy Sauce, Chili, Lemon
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and place immediately in the fridge or freeze
- May be kept refrigerated for 2-3 days or frozen for up to 2 months
Chicken & Waffles:
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until heated
- Add waffles for the last 3 minutes of warming.
- Once the chicken and waffles are warm, remove from the oven and transfer the chicken to a large bowl
- Drizzle hot honey evenly over and toss the chicken until evenly coated.
- While the chicken is heating, warm up the succotash
- Microwave Method:
- Vent the lid of containers and microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Remove from the microwave, stir and heat on high for 1 more minute.
- Stove Top Method:
- Place collards in a small pot
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Place one warm waffle on a plate, followed by a large spoonful of succotash
- Place the chicken on top of the waffle & succotash
- Garnish with bread and butter pickles
- Marcus Samuelsson’s Streetbird ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.