Holi Celebration Collection
Holi welcomes the arrival of spring with a celebration that is bursting with colors, joy and sweet treats enjoyed with loved ones. To honor the vibrant, playful spirit of this holiday, our Holi Celebration Collection features cakes and pints brimming with bold spices and pops of color to help ring in the holiday.
Malai Ice Cream’s founder Pooja Bavishi uses ice cream as the perfect blank slate to showcase the familiar flavors of her childhood – warm spices and aromatic flavors like ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and saffron. Founded in 2015, Malai means “cream of the crop,” and is a fitting name for Pooja’s ice cream creations, which draw inspiration from globally-sourced, whole ingredients, and aromatic spices to create unexpected twists on classic ice cream flavors. Pooja crafts her small-batch artisanal ice cream by hand, creating totally unique and satisfying flavors.
This package includes:
- 2 Pints of Ice Cream
- 2 Ice Cream Cakes
- Each cake is 4" and serves 2-3 people
Ice Cream Flavors Include
- Thandai – While diving into the snack table at a family wedding, I came face to face with a new treat – Thandai. I marveled at the sweetly spiced drink, while listening to my sister (the family encyclopedia) divulge the delicious details about the tradition of serving it during spring holidays, including Holi. Since then, I always make Thandai as the calendar flips to March to start a new family tradition. Ground almonds mixed with fennel seeds, cardamom, black pepper and saffron are steeped in our ice cream base – transforming this traditional sip into our signature Holi pint.
- Confetti Sweet Milk – To celebrate the Malai scoop shop’s 1st anniversary, I knew that I wanted to capture the festivity of it all in a flavor. Cue the candied fennel seeds. These little gems were my favorite of a “mukhwas” mix – the after-dinner palate cleanser we often ate. They are colorful, sweet and delicious – and most of all: celebratory. The bonus was that our anniversary fell right around the time of the festival of Holi, when colors and joy are in abundance. Sprinkled into our Sweet Milk scoop (that sends your taste buds to subtle caramel), this limited-edition flavor quickly found its way to permanent status.
Ice Cream Cakes Include
- 1 Coconut Burfi – Layers on layers. Coconut cake (soaked in a coconut syrup to keep it tender while frozen), is layered with rose ice cream, followed by coconut ice cream, that is finally topped with coconut burfi. With the texture of a rich fudge, our coconut burfi is made by slowly simmering milk, sugar and shredded coconut with Diaspora Co. cardamom until it’s truly decadent.
- 1 Jalebi & Rabri – Jalebi was my all time favorite dessert growing up. It’s truly mesmerizing to watch swirls of jalebi fry before being dipped into sugar syrup. This childhood treat was the inspiration for this ice cream cake: a layer of a saffron syrup soaked cake, a layer of Rabri ice cream, and finally a jalebi to top it all off. Rabri, a milk dessert that is deliciously cooked down, inspired us to transform this treat into an ice cream that is the ultimate milky, rich, decadent scoop ever. When combined, the crunch of the fried jalebi, a burst of the sweet saffron syrup, and creamy Rabri ice cream make the perfect bite.
Thandai Ice Cream – Whole Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Nonfat Milk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk And Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Inverted Sugar Syrup, Almonds, Fennel, Tapioca Starch, Salt, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Saffron
Contains: Milk, Almonds
Confetti Sweet Milk Ice Cream – Whole Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Nonfat Milk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk And Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Inverted Sugar Syrup, Fennel Candies (Fennel Seeds, Sugar, Water, Food Color), Tapioca Starch, Salt,
Coconut Burfi Ice Cream Cake
For Coconut Burfi – Whole Milk, Sugar, Coconut, Cardamom, Salt
For Coconut Ice Cream – Whole Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Almonds, Non-fat Milk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk And Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Coconut Puree (Coconut Milk, Inverted Sugar Syrup), Inverted Sugar Syrup, Coconut Paste (Coconut Water, Natural Extract From Coconut (Contains Alcohol), Natural Thickeners: Maize Starch, Tragacanth & Xanthan Gums), Tapioca Starch, Salt
For Rose Ice Cream – Whole Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Almonds, Non-fat Milk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk And Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Inverted Sugar Syrup, Tapioca Starch, Rose Water, Sea Salt, Salt, Natural Food Color (Beet Powder, Tapioca Starch)
For Coconut Cake – Sugar, Coconut Milk, Flour, Grapeseed Oil, Nonfat Milk, Flaxseed, Baking Powder, Coconut, Salt
Contains: Milk, Gluten, Coconut
Jalebi & Rabri Ice Cream Cake
For Jalebi – Sugar, Flour, Cornstarch, Yogurt (Pasteurized Whole Milk, Imported Live Cultures (L. Bulgaricus, L. Yogurtii, L. Acidophilius, S.thermophilius, L. Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Lactis), Baking Soda, Turmeric, Saffron
For Rabri Ice Cream – Whole Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Non-fat Milk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk And Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Inverted Sugar Syrup, Ghee (Clarified Butter), Tapioca Starch, Salt
For Saffron Cake – Sugar, Flour, Grapeseed Oil, Whole Milk, Nonfat Milk, Inverted Sugar Syrup, Flaxseed, Salt, Baking Powder, Lemon Juice, Saffron
Contains: Milk, Gluten
Instructions / Storage
Ice cream cakes and pints should be stored in the freezer. They are best if eaten within 3 months.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Malai ships Monday and Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.