In Urdu, “mah-ze-dahr” describes the essence of food, the “magic that makes food delicious.” And at Umber Ahmad’s bakery, magic is everywhere. You can taste it in each of her world-class desserts—her signature cookies, bars and heavenly cheesecake. Mah-Ze-Dahr bakery finally opened its doors in the West Village after Umber was discovered by famed chef and restauranteur Tom Colicchio!
Made with a combination of sour cream and cream cheese, with hints of lemon zest and vanilla bean, this light and fluffy cheesecake from Tom Colicchio-backed Mah-Ze-Dahr Bakery has earned distinctions as the “Best Cheesecakes in America” by Food & Wine, “Best Cheesecake in NY” by Time Out, and “The Absolute Best Cheesecake in New York” by NY Magazine. Nestled into a dark chocolate or graham cracker cookie crust (your choice), this creamy confection will surprise and please even the most experienced cheesecake enthusiasts.
- Each Heavenly Cheesecake is 9" round and serves 8-10 people
- Choose between a dark chocolate cooke crust or a graham cracker crust
- This arrives in beautiful gift packaging
Instructions / Storage
- Baked goods are made to order, individually wrapped and arrive ready to enjoy!
- Cheesecakes can be refrigerated for up to 5 days (preferably in an airtight container) or frozen for up to 6 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight or leave on counter 3-4 hours before serving
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Mah-Ze-Dahr Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.