Lone Mountain Wagyu
Storage & Thawing:
- NOT DIGGING INTO YOUR WAGYU RIGHT AWAY? Place your vacuum-sealed package in your freezer upon delivery. Your meat should be good for up to 12 months in your freezer… though we doubt it will stay there that long!
- HAVE SOME TIME? Thaw your beef in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. This is the best way to thaw, allowing the Wagyu to retain all of its natural juices for an exceptional flavor.
- HUNGRY SOONER? Keep beef in the vacuum-sealed package and submerge in a bowl of cold water for a few hours.
- CHANGE OF DINNER PLANS? Thawed steaks still in the vacuum-sealed package can be safely refrozen as long as they have remained refrigerated and have not been thawed for longer than a day.
- Thaw the prized Wagyu product as you see fit. We also suggest bringing thawed steaks to room temperature for 30 minutes or so.
- We always recommend cooking Wagyu to no more than Medium Rare. But your oven might throw heat better than ours, or you might be at sea level while we're up past mile-high. So, for the love of all things holy - like your precious Wagyu - take our timing specs with a grain of proverbial salt. Use your common sense and maybe even a meat thermometer and don't take our word for gospel.