Famous Carrot Cake
Au natural without nuts or raisins, Lloyd’s carrot cakes really are something special. The recipe is a secret, but the bakery goes through 7,000 pounds of carrots daily, with five cups of twice-grated carrots going into every cake along with more eggs and cinnamon than found in most recipes. And like all the best carrot cakes, they’re topped with cream cheese frosting.
Lloyd Adams started selling his carrot cake from a small storefront in The Bronx in 1985, after spending years perfecting a recipe handed down to him from his mother. Today, Lloyd’s wife Betty and their children, Brandon and Lilka, are carrying on his legacy by continuing to sell what very well might be the best carrot cake on earth. Lloyd’s is a true neighborhood gem, with regular lines down the block and a three-hour wait not unusual on Thanksgiving.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes an 8" Carrot Cake
Soybean Oil, Sugar, Cream Cheese, Eggs, Wheat Flour, Carrots, Butter, Made in a facility that uses nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- May be kept at room temperature for 1 week, refrigerated for 2 weeks, or frozen for 1-2 months
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Lloyd’s Carrot Cake ships Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.