This is a combo pack of the two star attractions at Little Giant: the Backyard Burger and the Little Giant Lobster Roll!
The LG Burger is hands-down the top menu item at Little Giant. It all starts with grass-fed, free-range beef patties, which come from Cold Spring Ranch, a family-owned farm in Western Maine that is the gold standard in sustainable farming and ranching. Top these with gorgeous grilled onions, rich Vermont cheddar, classic shredded lettuce, just-sweet-enough pickles, and a zippy housemade remoulade sauce, and tuck it into a buttery Norimoto Bakery brioche burger bun!
The Little Giant Lobster Roll is designed to impress both the lobster roll traditionalists and show-me-something-new foodie friends, and they literally fly off the menu all year long. The only way to start: fresh Maine tail, claw, and knuckle lobster meat. Prepping couldn’t be easier: warm the lobster in lobster stock-infused butter and toss it all in perfectly seasoned housemade Calabrian chili aioli. Then tuck it into a gorgeous brioche bun, baked especially for Little Giant by Portland’s own Norimoto Bakery.
Little Giant is a neighborhood restaurant that opened in 2017 in Portland, Maine’s West End neighborhood. At Little Giant, Executive Chef Neil Ross has built relationships with some of the region’s top farmers and producers, and he’s using these fresh, local ingredients to create some of Portland’s most beloved farm-to-table fare.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 1 Pine State Lobster Roll Kit for 2
- Each lobster roll serves 1 person
- 1 Backyard Burger Kit Kit for 2
- Each burger serves 1 person
- Choose to add 4 Chocolate Chip Cookies to your order!
Lobster Roll Kit Includes:
- TCK Lobster (6 oz total)
- Tail, Claw, and Knuckle!
- 2 Brioche Buns
- Calabrian Aioli (2 oz)
- Celery (0.5 oz)
- Plugra Butter (0.5 oz)
- Pickled Guindilla (0.1 oz)
- Maldon Salt
- Espellette Pepper
- 2 bags of Potato Chips (each 2 oz.)
Backyard Burger Kit Includes:
- Coldspring Beef (12 oz)
- 2 Norimoto Buns
- BS Sauce (4 oz)
- Vermont Chili Cheddar (2 oz)
- Iceberg Lettuce (1 oz)
- Patriot Pickles (4 oz)
- Pepper Blend
Please note that this package does not include French Fries
- Cookies – Brown Sugar, granulated sugar, butter, egg, flour, kosher salt, baking soda, chocolate chips and SKORDO Maine sea salt.
- Calabrian Aioli – calabrian chilies, egg, garlic, dijon, sherry vin, grapeseed oil, salt
Patriot Pickles – These are purchased and I don’t have full info – cucumbers, garlic, salt, spices is what packaging says
Lobster Roll – egg, flour, butter, water, yeast
- Burger Sauce – garlic, egg, grapeseed oil, mustard, ketchup, pickles, banana peppers, lemon juice, lemon zest, cholula
- Burger Bun – egg, flour, butter, water, yeast, sesame seeds
- Grafton VT Cheddar – smoked cheddar with habañero, jalapeño and pasilla peppers
Instructions / Storage
- Items are shipped fresh alongside ice packs which may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, all ingredients should be kept refrigerated until ready to be consumed, except for the Norimoto and Brioche Buns which should be kept at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Now we wait).
- Place brioche buns in the oven and set a 4-minute timer.
- While those buns are in the oven, place a saucepan over medium heat and add the butter until melted and shimmering (ooh la la).
- Add the lobster meat until it is warmed through (around 1 minute).
- Place aioli & pepper mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the lobster meat with a slotted spoon and toss in aioli.
- Buns out of the oven. (It’s been four minutes, right?).
- Place lobster meat into the bun opening (Don’t even…)
- Top with shaved celery, celery leaf, and Maine sea salt.
- Remove burger patties from the cold pack and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees. (Sorry, an oven’s getting involved.)
- Heat cast iron pan or nonstick over medium-high. (Feelin’ hot hot hot)
- Evenly sprinkle salt on both sides of each burger patty.
- When burgers are at room temp, place in hot cast iron and press down for 10 seconds to build a hard sear.
- Sear for 90 seconds on both sides. (Alexa, set a timer).
- Remove from heat and place on a clean sheet tray
- Sprinkle pepper blend on top of each burger patty.
- Add caramelized onions and one slice of cheese to each burger. (If there’s more cheese in your fridge, feel free.)
- Place burgers in your oven (or toaster oven, either way) for two minutes.
- While burgers are in the oven, place your pan back on the heat and toast the buns in the burger grease (!).
- After two minutes, remove the burgers and burger buns from the heat.
- You’re done cooking. Well done, you! Now quick, assemble!
- Bun, on a plate. Lettuce on the bottom half. Burger plus fixings on top. Finish with a big spoonful of our special sauce and don’t forget the top of the bun.
- Eat it! The messier the better.
- Little Giant ships Tuesday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.